+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Would Employer Insurance (EI) effect the PR decision making process

Dylan1591

Jan 20, 2016
Hey Folks,

I have submitted my application the jan 8th 2017, and currently on the process of getting my BOWP since my work permit on the 18th of march.

I have been on EI (Employer Insurance) since september since i got laid off and been very hard to find a job in my felid since i have only few months left on work permit.

My question is

Since i have been on EI for a while and still i am on EI, would that by any chance effect the decision making process of my permanent residency application? I know its not considered as a social welfare. But does anyone here have any experience with this in the past or present.

Please advice.

mdotk

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I didn't hear before of a relation between the EI and the progress of PR application.

You points are the same and EI has not effect on that.

I have also checked if it is required to notify CIC about the loss of job, but I didnt find it i the AOR letter.

In my opinion, your application should be fine.

Please read again and wait for other replies.

Good Luck with finding a new job. It is very tough these days.

Take care and best wishes.

Dylan1591

Jan 20, 2016
My Point are the same and the EI has no effect on it. I worked in the company for about 2 yr 4 month and have used the 2 yr experience. and have got the required letter and recommendations.

I am only worried that what if they see that i am on EI when they process my papers and decide that if this person can not find a job in the country why should we have him here and decline it. I know i should not be thinking this way but guess i just too stressed.