+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

would contacting my MP help?

mingus

Star Member
Aug 30, 2008
My Husband's PR was refused because they said our marriage was a MOC. I filed for appeal in December and got a letter dated Dec. 18th saying that they have received my appeal and that I should get my records in 120 days. I have been in contact with IRB in Vancouver twice. The 1st time was 10 days ago and they told me that they had no record of recieving our appeals records but that the Edmonton office is very slow and I should give them an extra week. I called again yesterday and they told me they still have no record of recieving the records yet and I should call Edmonton and "light a fire" under them. The BF date that Vancouver gave me was April 24th. I contacted the Edmonton office yesterday and got a call back today saying that the appeals records have now gone to the printers but it will be about 2 weeks before I see anything. Would contacting my MP do anything to speed this up or will I just make them mad at me if I get the MP involved?
Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mingus said:
My Husband's PR was refused because they said our marriage was a MOC. I filed for appeal in December and got a letter dated Dec. 18th saying that they have received my appeal and that I should get my records in 120 days. I have been in contact with IRB in Vancouver twice. The 1st time was 10 days ago and they told me that they had no record of recieving our appeals records but that the Edmonton office is very slow and I should give them an extra week. I called again yesterday and they told me they still have no record of recieving the records yet and I should call Edmonton and "light a fire" under them. The BF date that Vancouver gave me was April 24th. I contacted the Edmonton office yesterday and got a call back today saying that the appeals records have now gone to the printers but it will be about 2 weeks before I see anything. Would contacting my MP do anything to speed this up or will I just make them mad at me if I get the MP involved?
Thanks!
Unless the MP is going to go to the print shop and print them, there is nothing s/he can do at this stage.

PMM

smart_saqib143

Nov 21, 2008
i agree with PMM, mingus i hope inshallah you will win be patient...and keep faith on God(Allah), if your MP is kind one may be you get help otherwise....

RickNicky

May 13, 2009
Contacting MP does nothing ,done that been there ,some secretary will call you concerned but at the end local officials have no pull on immigration at all.

Guptash

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
8/9/2010
File Transfer...
9/9/2010
Med's Done....
5/5/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12/10/2010
VISA ISSUED...
24/11/2010
LANDED..........
Due on 10/12/2010
How do we contact the MP anyway? Is there a set procedure stated somewhere or something?

I will appreciate the help so much!

Thanks!:)

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
It has to be the sponsor who contacts the MP - some are interested in helping, others not. When it comes to refusals, they pretty much trust that the assessing officer knew what they were doing and, at least in our case, my having been "refused" certainly changed the MP's willingness to intervene.

In the end, the bottom line is that the appeals process is the only real option when an application has been refused. It takes a long time - that's just how it is. When it comes right down to it, it really doesn't matter how soon you get your appeal record - the scheduling of the hearing happens according to when your request is received - not when the embassy produces the appeal record. It will probably be close to a year from the time you filed the appeal request before you see an ADR hearing. If you're case is not eligible for ADR, you'll have to wait for a full appeal hearing.

The AR is really nothing more than a copy of all the documents you submitted with your application, plus the CAIPS notes. In our case, the Appeal Record wasn't even complete - they left out forms and evidences we had submitted that supported our case - so check that out carefully when you get your AR and let them your lawyer know if something is missing. Other than that, it's a waiting game - a frustrating one. But there's nothing you, your lawyer or your MP (even if they're willing) can do to speed things up.

medellinguy

Jul 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2010
Doc's Request.
Everything in order I guess
AOR Received.
07-04-2011
File Transfer...
03-12-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Passport Req..
07-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2011
LANDED..........
07-09-2011
RobsLuv,

if not too personal, why were you rejected?

Thank you

J

jdwhite21

Mingus:

Your office was Edmonton as well? That was our office and my husband got denied PR because they thought it was a MOC... What happened with your case, I just noticed that you posted this last year... we contacted our MP's office, they pushed the office in Edmonton, I think they phoned them 5 or 6 times but just kept getting told that the decision was final. Our MP cared but it really just gives you false hope because there really is nothing they can do.

Stressed Wife:

Do you mean appeal outland or inland?

Stressed wife

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
jdwhite21 said:
Mingus:

Your office was Edmonton as well? That was our office and my husband got denied PR because they thought it was a MOC... What happened with your case, I just noticed that you posted this last year... we contacted our MP's office, they pushed the office in Edmonton, I think they phoned them 5 or 6 times but just kept getting told that the decision was final. Our MP cared but it really just gives you false hope because there really is nothing they can do.

Stressed Wife:

Do you mean appeal outland or inland?

outland, thank you