+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worth it to apply to EE with 447 with hopes OINP human capital stream will pick me up? Need opinions

Feb 2, 2020
I'm 28, currently a student at a Canadian university and also living in Ontario at the moment. I worked as a software engineer for 3 years before starting my master's degree.

I could wait to finish my masters and this would likely net me the points necessary for EE for FSW inland. If I retake TEF and get to CLB 7 then that happens quicker, I almost got those points. Unfortunately, a series of unfortunate circumstances ruined my day.

I got on the wrong train for Ottawa and the cab I took when I got off before reaching Montreal, hit a damn deer in the middle of the highway. I powered on and got to Ottawa, but unfortunately this was too much and everything went wrong.

At any rate, I am wondering if it is worth it to apply now anyway. The last draw I saw for OINP was at around 455 for the last cutoff. That's a few points higher than I would want.

Either way I'm getting PR sooner or later, but I'd rather get it sooner. It's easier to get jobs and it might decrease my uni costs, not that I'm getting it for that anyway, I want it because I love Canada and I want to make it my permanent home.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm 28, currently a student at a Canadian university and also living in Ontario at the moment. I worked as a software engineer for 3 years before starting my master's degree.

I could wait to finish my masters and this would likely net me the points necessary for EE for FSW inland. If I retake TEF and get to CLB 7 then that happens quicker, I almost got those points. Unfortunately, a series of unfortunate circumstances ruined my day.

I got on the wrong train for Ottawa and the cab I took when I got off before reaching Montreal, hit a damn deer in the middle of the highway. I powered on and got to Ottawa, but unfortunately this was too much and everything went wrong.

At any rate, I am wondering if it is worth it to apply now anyway. The last draw I saw for OINP was at around 455 for the last cutoff. That's a few points higher than I would want.

Either way I'm getting PR sooner or later, but I'd rather get it sooner. It's easier to get jobs and it might decrease my uni costs, not that I'm getting it for that anyway, I want it because I love Canada and I want to make it my permanent home.
You can certainly create an Express Entry profile and hope for the best. Ontario last selected scores within that range in 2019 and no one can tell you if they will drop that low again. Definitely work to increase your score.