+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worst time to get PPR?

new_guy

Nov 14, 2013
Brampton
Got my PPR last night at 10.55 PM...

However my passport is already with CIC for visa stamping for TRV ...

Can I call/email CIC and tell them to transfer my passport from TRV department to PR department (or something like this? ) OR I will have to wait till I get my passport back and then send it to CIC again?

I don't have lot of time.... I will be travelling on Dec 05 and need my passport back before that...

Any suggestions?

P.S. Also posted this in Dec thread....

srikanth1

May 28, 2014
new_guy said:

Can I call/email CIC and tell them to transfer my passport from TRV department to PR department (or something like this? ) OR I will have to wait till I get my passport back and then send it to CIC again?

I don't have lot of time.... I will be travelling on Dec 05 and need my passport back before that...

Any suggestions?

can you please share your timelines for your TRV application? I have also applied for TRV

regarding your passport, you should be able to email CIC for TRV and ask then send you passports back so that you can send to PR stanping

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
new_guy said:

Any suggestions?

I think you are over reacting. Your passport should be backin less than 10 days, that will leave you with 20 days to send it....

Even if it takes 20 days to get it back, sending a passport to CIC should take no more than 3 business days, so that leaves like 4 weeks before you start worrying at all.

new_guy

Nov 14, 2013
Brampton
thanks guys for the reply..

Update: I have sent an email to CPP Ottawa and requested to transfer my PP from TRV to PR department... I have not received any update/reply on this yet so I don't know if they will do this or not..

I am still waitin for my return tracker to get activated....

Question: When I get my PP back after TRV Visa stamping... I will send my PP for PPR Visa stamping, can I also include a cover letter and copy of my tickets requesting to expedite the process as i'm travelling? or not a good idea?

Thank you in advance.

new_guy

Nov 14, 2013
Brampton
RajGlen said:
Hi,

Today i received my PPR and I am also in the same situation as you. Kindly let us know what happened? did CIC take the PP from TRV queue to PR Visa Queue?
Raj

Did you send your passport to CIC for TRV Visa Stamping? and then received your PPR?

new_guy

Nov 14, 2013
Brampton
My online TRV application status got changed to Complete and Approved yesterday...

My return tracker is not activated yet...