+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worried

Kanchan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2016
Hi all,
I’m a November 2, 2017 applicant. I received my pre arrival on 5th of September, 2018. It’s been 2 weeks and I’ve heard nothing after that. I’m worried and confused. There’s no update in my GCKey account and ECAS since last May.
My birth registration/certificate and police certificate were requested on May 2, 2018. I had uploaded both on the same day. The GCKey account shows that they’re provided. These are not updated on ECAS. It’s also not updated that I had received pre arrival on 5th of this month. Usually people are getting DM and PPR on the same day or in a few days after pre arrival service letter. Why am I not getting any of those even after two weeks of pre arrival? Could it be a negative sign? I’m very much worried now. Is there anyone who’s a November 2, applicant? Have u got DM and PPR? I could see others whose applications dated later than mine obtaining DM and PPR.
Should I be worried?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Nope.....

ECAS updates are sometimes a bit like Microsoft updates...sometimes they happen like clockwork, sometimes they don't. Unless you have been asked to submit additional information, it's somewhere in processing....relax. You can't compare anyone else's application to your own. They are all different (different information, country, visa officer, etc.). Sometimes they are done before the estimated date, sometimes they are done on the estimated date, sometimes they take longer.
Best thing to do is get on with your life now, and don't spend a ton of time waiting for a message.....you'll get it soon enough.

Reactions: Virgo29 and Kanchan

Kanchan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2016
Nope.....

ECAS updates are sometimes a bit like Microsoft updates...sometimes they happen like clockwork, sometimes they don't. Unless you have been asked to submit additional information, it's somewhere in processing....relax. You can't compare anyone else's application to your own. They are all different (different information, country, visa officer, etc.). Sometimes they are done before the estimated date, sometimes they are done on the estimated date, sometimes they take longer.
Best thing to do is get on with your life now, and don't spend a ton of time waiting for a message.....you'll get it soon enough.
Thank u so much. Feeling better after reading ur words. Thanks again

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
The hardest part is always overthinking the application and why the wait. Personally, I found not expecting an update daily and avoiding checking for new updates worked best for me. Eventually, it was like a little surprise moment when An update did happen. Try not to worry about it too much.