+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worried that I will not be able to obtain police reports before the 30-day deadline. Email CIC?

Ibeforem

Oct 9, 2017
I was told by the embassy i'm trying to get police reports from that my reports may take longer than 30 days to arrive. Should I email CIC and ask for an extension? Will I be granted an extension? The request email cic sent me stated that my application may face refusal incase of a delay, and that's making me not sleep at night....

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
always ..always give complete info when asking questions so that it's easier to reply. for eg: depending on the country, you get an exemption cause CiC knows that few countries take more than 90 days to issue PCC

anyways in your case - generic -you could write to CiC but the chances of getting an extension or even a reply is low (depends when your deadline is)
second option though is to put in an LOE with the proof that you have applied for PCC and the letter from the embassy stating the approx date when they would issue the PCC or stating that the PCC is delayed beyond your deadline