Med's Request
03-10-2019
Med's Done....
29-10-2019
Passport Req..
25-11-2019
LANDED..........
26-12-2019
You were the one who said he was on ODSP. It will depend on whether he has been working longterm or just started working. Especially if he was on ODSP for a long period of time. Not sure how much supply teaching you have been able to do but as primarily a graduate student ai would imagine you don’t have a lot of savings.

This is not related to spousal sponsorship but have you contacted the licensing board for teachers in Ontario? I know Ontario has pretty strict requirements in terms of licensing. There also maybe many years until you can get onto a supply list or get a short term teaching contract or a teaching job due to the surplus of teachers in Ontario plus the recent cuts. Not sure what the situation is for special education teachers these days.
I’m so sorry I probably came off as super rude. In my last reply. Please know I’m not trying to be! You can’t read tone over computer and I forget that. So like I’m really sorry if I sound rude!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I’m so sorry I probably came off as super rude. In my last reply. Please know I’m not trying to be! You can’t read tone over computer and I forget that. So like I’m really sorry if I sound rude!
You didn’t sound rude. Your case isn’t necessarily typical and many consultants are pretty useless. Although you are allowed to apply while receiving disability it doesn’t mean you get approved. I think you will need to show your savings and your plans to get licensed in Ontario as a teacher and how/when you will be able to get a job to support your family. Perhaps your husband also has family who can support him financially although that creates problems with ODSP. That is why it would be a good idea to show how long it will take to get licensed as a teacher in Ontario or the prospects for special education teachers in your area. Will they be hiring given the cuts? Will they be opening up the supply teachers list this year for new teachers? What your plans are to find other employment. Given that your husband only recently started his job and it sounds like he may have changed jobs quite frequently there may be concerns about stability. You can’t have much savings to be on ODSP and Ontario can be very expensive place to live so your potential income will make your application much stronger.

mbattle95

Jul 5, 2019
U.S.A.
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
31-08-2019
File Transfer...
15-10-2019
Med's Request
03-10-2019
Med's Done....
29-10-2019
Passport Req..
25-11-2019
LANDED..........
26-12-2019
You didn’t sound rude. Your case isn’t necessarily typical and many consultants are pretty useless. Although you are allowed to apply while receiving disability it doesn’t mean you get approved. I think you will need to show your savings and your plans to get licensed in Ontario as a teacher and how/when you will be able to get a job to support your family. Perhaps your husband also has family who can support him financially although that creates problems with ODSP. That is why it would be a good idea to show how long it will take to get licensed as a teacher in Ontario or the prospects for special education teachers in your area. Will they be hiring given the cuts? Will they be opening up the supply teachers list this year for new teachers? What your plans are to find other employment. Given that your husband only recently started his job and it sounds like he may have changed jobs quite frequently there may be concerns about stability. You can’t have much savings to be on ODSP and Ontario can be very expensive place to live so your potential income will make your application much stronger.
Well we’ve already submitted. But I’ve heard that if they need more documentation for your case they will ask for it. So me and my husband will just have to keep our eyes super peeled for when they ask for that info. And in the mean time I’ll research and gather it for when they do ask.

Reactions: canuck78

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
oh??? well that's a relief. l watch too many movies in which they take the couple into separate rooms and ask them questions and see if their answers match up. Real life is obviously not Hollywood though lol.
You are
Not wrong
They interviewed my husband for 30 mins alone then me alone 5 mins
They def asked us a few questions that were the same as we compared our questions after.
It was not hard at all we said the truth how we see our situation and each other

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You are
Not wrong
They interviewed my husband for 30 mins alone then me alone 5 mins
They def asked us a few questions that were the same as we compared our questions after.
It was not hard at all we said the truth how we see our situation and each other
They interviewed you because you chose to be there. You weren't required to attend.

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
They interviewed you because you chose to be there. You weren't required to attend.
They did not interviewed others who were in the waiting room. Also i personally know others who went and were not interviewed as well. They only do so if necessary.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
They did not interviewed others who were in the waiting room. Also i personally know others who went and were not interviewed as well. They only do so if necessary.
Again, my point is that you were not required by IRCC to be there for the interview. You chose to be there.

mbattle95

Jul 5, 2019
U.S.A.
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
31-08-2019
File Transfer...
15-10-2019
Med's Request
03-10-2019
Med's Done....
29-10-2019
Passport Req..
25-11-2019
LANDED..........
26-12-2019
My husband and I discussed that if we are rejected for financial reasons, that we will reapply, rather than appeal because I've heard that it's really expensive and sometimes even lengthier than reapplying, and build our financial case more (that is if they don't ask for more proof during the process and just flat out deny). We are going to gather more financial proof in the mean time in preparation for whatever outcome. I've already started looking into what you said about teachers in Ontario and special education teachers specifically, etc (I'm already halfway through what it takes to get licensed). also his mom provides financial support (shelter and food) to us so she's willing to write that in a letter if they have concerns. I'm preparing myself for the worst case scenario and devising a plan. We are both really young and now I see why a lot of people wait until they are older to do this process, because they've had more time to save up and what not and maybe that was our mistake. Yeah it sucks to live away from your spouse and all we want is to live together but that comes with the territory of being with someone from another country. Military couples manage being apart 6+ months at a time, so we can manage only seeing each other every 2 months if it means building a stronger financial case and reapplying with more success next time.

You don't have to respond to this because you've probably already moved on lol but thanks for giving me more insight. Maybe you should be a consultant!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My husband and I discussed that if we are rejected for financial reasons, that we will reapply, rather than appeal because I've heard that it's really expensive and sometimes even lengthier than reapplying, and build our financial case more (that is if they don't ask for more proof during the process and just flat out deny). We are going to gather more financial proof in the mean time in preparation for whatever outcome. I've already started looking into what you said about teachers in Ontario and special education teachers specifically, etc (I'm already halfway through what it takes to get licensed). also his mom provides financial support (shelter and food) to us so she's willing to write that in a letter if they have concerns. I'm preparing myself for the worst case scenario and devising a plan. We are both really young and now I see why a lot of people wait until they are older to do this process, because they've had more time to save up and what not and maybe that was our mistake. Yeah it sucks to live away from your spouse and all we want is to live together but that comes with the territory of being with someone from another country. Military couples manage being apart 6+ months at a time, so we can manage only seeing each other every 2 months if it means building a stronger financial case and reapplying with more success next time.

You don't have to respond to this because you've probably already moved on lol but thanks for giving me more insight. Maybe you should be a consultant!
Your husband is employed, you are employable and you have family assistance. You will be fine.

mbattle95

Jul 5, 2019
U.S.A.
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
31-08-2019
File Transfer...
15-10-2019
Med's Request
03-10-2019
Med's Done....
29-10-2019
Passport Req..
25-11-2019
LANDED..........
26-12-2019
Your husband is employed, you are employable and you have family assistance. You will be fine.
My husband and I had our close friend write a letter for us and she said we met May of 2018 and I wrote on IMM 5532 form that we met June 1st. That’s not considered misrepresentation is it? Neither of us honestly remember the exact date but it was around late May/ very early June. We aren’t purposefully hiding anything it’s just neither of us kept track of the exact day. You seem knowledgeable but I don’t know if you would know

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My husband and I had our close friend write a letter for us and she said we met May of 2018 and I wrote on IMM 5532 form that we met June 1st. That’s not considered misrepresentation is it? Neither of us honestly remember the exact date but it was around late May/ very early June. We aren’t purposefully hiding anything it’s just neither of us kept track of the exact day. You seem knowledgeable but I don’t know if you would know
That's fine, nothing to worry about.

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
Again, my point is that you were not required by IRCC to be there for the interview. You chose to be there.
No i could have stayed in canada and do a phone interview but my husband would not have been as prepared, i had gathered more documentation that I brought at the interview. So it was well worth going.