15-06-2015
AOR Received.
28-08-2015
Med's Done....
Up front
Passport Req..
Waiting
Hi,
I have already applied for Spousal sponsorship(Outland) in June 2015. I am hoping I will get my PR by June 2016. The thing is my work permit expired on Dec8th 2015 so I wanted to change my status to visitor. And I applied for a visitor visa on November 6th 2015. I didn't get any reply from cic for 2 months. It shows "my application is open". I am wondering if I applied the wrong form. I applied IMM 5708.

Can guys please tell me if I did something wrong? :eek:

PLEASE !!!

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
sreenathvs said:
Please help me guys..
I am no expert but from a quick glance at the CIC website, you seem to have used the correct form.
MM 5708 is the form to use if you are a temporary resident who is already in Canada and you want to remain in Canada as a visitor. You would probably have to abide by the restrictions of a visitor (not working etc).

As you know with any CIC application, it is a waiting game. All the best!

*Mandie*

EmmaW

Feb 21, 2014
Ok I'm worried now. I put my Spouse Sponsorship application in Feb 2015 and still waiting! I was told that once you have an application 'In Process' you dont need to keep applying for Visitor Visa's???? HELP.. I havent worked, my partner supports me. But its been so long and I want to start working!

sreenathvs

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
AOR Received.
28-08-2015
Med's Done....
Up front
Passport Req..
Waiting
@Emma did you apply inland? Then you will get an open work permit approximately after an year.

In my case I applied outland. I don't even know what is going on? I dont know what should I do if I visiting visa application gets rejected?

Godgive

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Re: Worried...Please help Iraq police clearance

Hi every one i was asked to submit a Police clearance from Iraq i have tried all my best but i did not find find a way please advice

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Re: Worried...Please help Iraq police clearance

Godgive said:
Hi every one i was asked to submit a Police clearance from Iraq i have tried all my best but i did not find find a way please advice
To obtain police clearance from Iraq:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/iraq.asp
*Mandie*

Godgive

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
I have tried all my best and i was advice to send my passport to someone in Iraq to do it for me . I dont have no body there i was just there as a woker and i have never visit any of there cities or town am lost in this.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Godgive said:
I have tried all my best and i was advice to send my passport to someone in Iraq to do it for me . I dont have no body there i was just there as a woker and i have never visit any of there cities or town am lost in this.
From the CIC website, you could contact the nearest Iraqi embassy. A google search led me to one in Ottawa. Perhaps that could be your starting point?
http://mofamission.gov.iq/en/CanadaOt

*Mandie*

Godgive

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Please send me your contact number .Do i have to book an appointment? I have contact the embassy there but the never reply me .How long will it take them to process one please? and thanks you for the quick respond

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Godgive said:
Please send me your contact number .Do i have to book an appointment? I have contact the embassy there but the never reply me .How long will it take them to process one please? and thanks you for the quick respond
I am not Iraqi citizen and have I no clue how their process works. I was just trying to find information for you. This is a thread for Iraq applicants. Maybe it will give you an insight into how others got their police certificate from Iraq.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t94810.0.html
*Mandie*

Godgive

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Hi Dear,i have tried to contact them but they are not even picking up the calls or to say replied to my messages I have tried to explain to CIC that i was there as a working and giving them the old security clearance that the Company issued to me before i left.I hope that will help me .I am so worried now

starry101

Feb 11, 2013
EmmaW said:
Ok I'm worried now. I put my Spouse Sponsorship application in Feb 2015 and still waiting! I was told that once you have an application 'In Process' you dont need to keep applying for Visitor Visa's???? HELP.. I havent worked, my partner supports me. But its been so long and I want to start working!
A PR application does not grant any visa status on it's own. If you applied inland and submitted an OWP with the application then you have status as implied until the permit is granted. If you applied outland then you need to maintain some kind of status to stay in Canada (visitor, student, work etc).