21-09-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
sometime in November.
Passport Req..
19-01-2017
Hello everyone,

I'm sorry for making more then one post with out having much input to help other people at this point but once our submission is all sent off and if all goes well i'd be more then happy to help people out with theirs.

I have a couple questions that I am very censored about. I'll list them here and any help would be amazing. I've contacted my local immigration service office many times but with working all the time it is hard to get more then one response in a day.

1) Is this okay for the evidence portion of the submission to be this large? We followed the instructions of what to include and are trying to be as thorough as possible. (I tried to post images but it said I was not allowed to post links so I will do my best to explain) It is about 6inches of papers (with clips causing some of the hight) filled with print outs of emails, texts, cards, plane tickets, photos, wedding stuff, skype converstaions etc. I don't have an exact page count but it is probably around 1000 pages.

2) is it okay to ship your submission in a box? Because I am not sure how else to send a package of this size off. It is a shipping box that is 18inx12inx12in

2.5) Does anyone know a good way to bundle this amount of papers up togeahter? maybe a large ziplock bag? Our two applications fit fine in a folder but not our evidence.

3) If I am approved as a sponsor can we apply for her to get a visitor's visa? And would the chances of reviving on be improved having a Family Class submission in processing?

4) For my information as a sponsor and her applicant information is it best to have all the documents first and then the other documents that go along with them after such as the passport and pay stub information?

5) Are interviews rare? I feel like we have a good amount off stuff maybe too much in some cases. I understand it is a person by person basis But I am just wondering if it is a fairly uncommon thing to happen.

6) are there any common mistakes I should look out for when shipping this out?

Thank you very much for any and all of the help. It means the world to me in these super stressful times.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
1. That is a lot of evidence, but it is up to you to decide how much to send. If the applicant is from a country that is considered 'difficult' by CIC, and if your relationship has a lot of red flags, then that amount would be OK.
If you want to cut it down a bit, you can print out the inbox of your emails showing the dates. I would still send a selection of emails as well, with the explanation that you have more if the visa officer wants to see them. A sampling of Skype is also OK.
It won't hurt your application to have 'too much' evidence, and it will hurt it if you don't have what the visa officer considers enough, so if you would prefer sending all you have, do so.
2. A box is fine. You could put the evidence in a ziploc bag - this would be just to make sure it stays together during mailing.
3. She can apply for a visitor visa before you submit or after, and before or after you are approved as the sponsor. Having a PR application in process makes it harder to get a TRV, unfortunately. She would have to show strong ties to her home country.
What country is she from?
4. People organize this in different ways. If you have any additional sheets of paper that you used to write longer answers, attach them to the form. Specific documents asked for in a form can be put at the end of that form; some people put everything at the end with the evidence.
5. Interviews are very rare for some countries, and common in others. It also depends on your relationship.

waynenorrisv2

Aug 31, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
sometime in November.
Passport Req..
19-01-2017
canadianwoman said:
1. That is a lot of evidence, but it is up to you to decide how much to send. If the applicant is from a country that is considered 'difficult' by CIC, and if your relationship has a lot of red flags, then that amount would be OK.
If you want to cut it down a bit, you can print out the inbox of your emails showing the dates. I would still send a selection of emails as well, with the explanation that you have more if the visa officer wants to see them. A sampling of Skype is also OK.
It won't hurt your application to have 'too much' evidence, and it will hurt it if you don't have what the visa officer considers enough, so if you would prefer sending all you have, do so.
2. A box is fine. You could put the evidence in a ziploc bag - this would be just to make sure it stays together during mailing.
3. She can apply for a visitor visa before you submit or after, and before or after you are approved as the sponsor. Having a PR application in process makes it harder to get a TRV, unfortunately. She would have to show strong ties to her home country.
What country is she from?
4. People organize this in different ways. If you have any additional sheets of paper that you used to write longer answers, attach them to the form. Specific documents asked for in a form can be put at the end of that form; some people put everything at the end with the evidence.
5. Interviews are very rare for some countries, and common in others. It also depends on your relationship.
Thanks so much for your responce!
1-2. Okay that helps a lot. I was starting to worry if I sent this big box they may just throw it out or something because they don't accept boxes.
3. She lives in the US but she is a Filipino citizen so she can not come to Canada without a visa of some kind. The person I spoke to at immigration services in my city said that if she came in on a visitors visa she could stay until the verdict was made on the family calss application. Though now I am starting to worry more about that.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Yes, she would have to apply for a visitor visa. There is no guarantee she would get one, but if she did get one, she could then stay in Canada while the application is being processed. They would probably give her 6 months, and so if the processing of the PR visa was not done by then, she could apply to extend the visa about one month before it would expire. Usually such extensions are granted, so it is possible she would be able to stay here for the duration of processing.

To get a TRV in the first place, she has to show ties to her country of nationality or residence, such as a letter from her boss giving her time off and stating she is expected back at a certain date; proof of home ownership, a mortgage, or a lease; proof of bank accounts and any investments; a child left behind; proof of enrollment in school; basically anything that would help show she would not overstay in Canada.

waynenorrisv2

Aug 31, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
sometime in November.
Passport Req..
19-01-2017
canadianwoman said:
Yes, she would have to apply for a visitor visa. There is no guarantee she would get one, but if she did get one, she could then stay in Canada while the application is being processed. They would probably give her 6 months, and so if the processing of the PR visa was not done by then, she could apply to extend the visa about one month before it would expire. Usually such extensions are granted, so it is possible she would be able to stay here for the duration of processing.

To get a TRV in the first place, she has to show ties to her country of nationality or residence, such as a letter from her boss giving her time off and stating she is expected back at a certain date; proof of home ownership, a mortgage, or a lease; proof of bank accounts and any investments; a child left behind; proof of enrollment in school; basically anything that would help show she would not overstay in Canada.
Humm. Typically it says that from the Manila office it can take up to 13 months and 15 from the LA office. Can it be shorter then that? Obviously we are talking in hypotheticals here but is it possible for it to take something like 6 months or so? Again sorry for all the questions that may have very clear answers.

M

mikeymyke

The only way it can be 6 months is if you have a strong relationship background (ex. long courtship before marriage, small age difference, spouse has no history of attempting to enter Canada or has family in Canada, etc), so that the visa office will not scrutinize your application.

Is she studying in the US? Does she currently have legal status in US?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
It won't be going through the LA office. Almost all American applications go through Ottawa; LA is used if they want an interview.
Manila will probably be faster than 13 months, but it is impossible to say for sure how long it will take. We had one applicant from Manila get approved in 3 months.

waynenorrisv2

Aug 31, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
sometime in November.
Passport Req..
19-01-2017
mikeymyke said:
The only way it can be 6 months is if you have a strong relationship background (ex. long courtship before marriage, small age difference, spouse has no history of attempting to enter Canada or has family in Canada, etc), so that the visa office will not scrutinize your application.

Is she studying in the US? Does she currently have legal status in US?
We have been in a relationship since 2009, we were born in the same year, We have attempted to get a visitors visa in the past as well as a student one when she wanted to attend college here. both of those were rejected at that time.

She lives in the US with her family and has since 2007. They applied for green cards a while ago but they have been pending for a long time now. It is a whole rigmarole.

canadianwoman said:
It won't be going through the LA office. Almost all American applications go through Ottawa; LA is used if they want an interview.
Manila will probably be faster than 13 months, but it is impossible to say for sure how long it will take. We had one applicant from Manila get approved in 3 months.
Oh okay! I did not know that. Thank you for that information. It is hard to tell sometimes with stuff espcially in her cause where she is a resident of California but is not a US citizen. I am also happy to hear that is a possibility. I'm not going to get my hopes up for that but it is nice to hear.