+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worried about my spouse's trip as a visitor to Canada considering travel restrictions

Tnbqz

Nov 11, 2020
Hi everyone,

My spouse is planning to arrive in Canada as a Visitor in December. Given Covid-19 restrictions she will be travelling as an immediate family member of a permanent resident. Now I am worried about her trip all the way from her home country to Canada.

Do you know what are the stages of being checked as per exempted visitor from the beginning to the end of the trip? For example, when is she supposed to show documents (i.e. my PR card, a marriage certificate) in order to be eligible to enter Canada? And who is going to check these documents, a border officer or an airline?

And what are other important things to keep in mind before planning the trip properly?

My question may be addressed especially to those who have already undergone all of the stages during their travel to Canada as TRV holders. I would appreciate if you share your experience with me.

Nov 7, 2020
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New York
Hi everyone,

My spouse is planning to arrive in Canada as a Visitor in December. Given Covid-19 restrictions she will be travelling as an immediate family member of a permanent resident. Now I am worried about her trip all the way from her home country to Canada.

Do you know what are the stages of being checked as per exempted visitor from the beginning to the end of the trip? For example, when is she supposed to show documents (i.e. my PR card, a marriage certificate) in order to be eligible to enter Canada? And who is going to check these documents, a border officer or an airline?

And what are other important things to keep in mind before planning the trip properly?

My question may be addressed especially to those who have already undergone all of the stages during their travel to Canada as TRV holders. I would appreciate if you share your experience with me.

Check out this link, you need to have written authorization from IRCC, your travel document (visitor visa or eTA, if required) and have a quarantine plan.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

Does she have a TRV or is she from a visa exempt country and have an ETA?

Nov 22, 2020
Hi everyone,

Hi, Would you please share your timeline for TRV as an exempted visitor. Please.

Jtg

Nov 22, 2020
Did it in August. No issues at Canadian border.
Had issues in the departing country because the rules are so complicated they don’t understand them. Had to call the airline manager to explain the exemption rules to them