+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worried about medical

MedABLux

May 8, 2016
Hello, I did an upfront medical for my coop work permit. The physician didn't ask about any previous surgeries and I forgot to mention that I had 3 surgeries in my life. I've read that the physician is supposed to make notes in the file if there has been any relevant medical procedures before. I did the exam last Friday and I know that the physician hasn't send my results yet because he is waiting for the lab results and I also haven't use this medical exam to apply for my work permit yet.

I really worried that CIC may think that I try to withhold information, which I don't want to.

What should I do? Re-do the medical exam ? Contact the panel physician I've been to and see if I can go back to change my file ?

Thanks

funmilolatemi

Apr 5, 2016
Hello,

Get back to the panel physician with your explanation. He will be able to tell you either to take the test again or whatever

Funmi

MedABLux

May 8, 2016
So I called the physician and he asked he would add it to the file. However, he didn't ask my name or my file number. So I sent him an email, just to confirm that everything is fine and that he will add it to the file. And I also mentioned that I can come back or even re-do an entire medical exam if necessary.

He hasn't replied to my email yet and I am really worried. I don't plan to use this medical exam, because it is missing information and I don't want to get into any trouble. However, can the panel physician contact CIC to tell them that I didn't mention previous surgeries, which would put me into lots of trouble....

I tried everything I could. I tried to change it and showed that I don't want him to send an incomplete file. I feel really bad and can't even sleep. I feel so bad because maybe I shouldn't have called him back and I should have just taken an other medical exam with another doctor. I should have mentioned it in the exam, but he didn't ask me about surgeries and I simply forgot about it, because I was so nervous.....