+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worried about IMM5406 addresses & zipcodes

bb8812

Oct 30, 2020
Hi everyone!
My fiancé and I just applied common law inland this past week. Reading the threads here have me extremely worried I messed up one of the forms though! I keep seeing applications are getting returned for IMM5406 not having complete addresses. I have 5 siblings and for my oldest sister , I’m estranged/don’t know her (she’s 25 years older) and had just written her city, and state (we’re from the US). I filled out all my other siblings addresses in full. I feel absolutely sick at the idea of waiting so long only to have my application returned over something so simple. I didn’t know that it could be so detrimental. Is there any way I can send an updated form with her address on it before they start processing my application?

Has anyone else run into this problem and did they accept a web form or snail mailed correct form? I’d like to just stay on top of it if at all possible.

mdmqbck

Jul 26, 2020
I read somewhere that you can send them a new version through the web form. But maybe it's best to call IRCC and confirm that.

Reactions: bb8812

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I don't believe they will do that for additional family members current address.
It's more important for the sponsor's and applicant's address to be correct and complete (with zip/postal code)
You could write a letter to explain but I really don't think it's necessary.

lacey

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-12-2020
AOR Received.
10-05-2021
Med's Request
15-06-2021
Med's Done....
24-06-21
Our application got sent back for a missing zip code for an administrative family member on IMM5406 after sitting in limbo for 7 months. If you can amend it definitely do it! You don't want to be scramble 7 months from now to get new current documents to resubmit to the back of the line.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone!
My fiancé and I just applied common law inland this past week. Reading the threads here have me extremely worried I messed up one of the forms though! I keep seeing applications are getting returned for IMM5406 not having complete addresses. I have 5 siblings and for my oldest sister , I’m estranged/don’t know her (she’s 25 years older) and had just written her city, and state (we’re from the US). I filled out all my other siblings addresses in full. I feel absolutely sick at the idea of waiting so long only to have my application returned over something so simple. I didn’t know that it could be so detrimental. Is there any way I can send an updated form with her address on it before they start processing my application?

Has anyone else run into this problem and did they accept a web form or snail mailed correct form? I’d like to just stay on top of it if at all possible.
It should only take you a half hour or less to submit a webform to provide what info you have and/or an updated version with explanation letter if needed that you don't have her complete address.

No-one can tell you whether they will send it back because of this missing information - they can and some have reported this happening to them. No-one can tell you whether sending the webform to correct will solve the issue (although some have reported it was accepted and noted in the file and not returned, so possibly it helped).

But it is the one thing you can definitely do at this point and it's not expensive or time consuming.

So do it.

Reactions: bb8812

bb8812

Oct 30, 2020
What would the best course of action to amend be? I don’t have a temporary file number yet! I will definitely be sending in a new form after reading the posts here but not sure what the best way to do is since that one has a wet signature.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
What would the best course of action to amend be? I don’t have a temporary file number yet! I will definitely be sending in a new form after reading the posts here but not sure what the best way to do is since that one has a wet signature.
Send a scan of the updated one through webform, provide as much info about your application as possible to identify. If your applicant has a UCI from previous apps like TRV, that should work. Otherwise usual info like name Dib passport number etc.

You can call ircc too but might get contradictory info, but try it if it you wish.

mdmqbck

Jul 26, 2020
According to the basic guide (IMM 5525) scanned signatures seem OK :)

IRCC will normally accept forms with photocopies of signatures. However, you may be asked to provide the original copy of your forms with an original signature if an IRCC officer determines it is necessary

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
According to the basic guide (IMM 5525) scanned signatures seem OK :)
They can be very insistent about signatures but I seriously doubt they would return a correction where only an address is added because it was a scan, so I agree here.

That said, keep the original in case they ask for it in future (although highly unlikely).

bb8812

Oct 30, 2020
Thanks so much for the help. I do have a UCI and GCkey account from another application, so I’ll upload on webform using that info. Hoping it works out!

Reactions: armoured