+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worng Marital Status

KamyMavia

Mar 31, 2008
Hi
I am currently working in Canada and have a full time job with two years work permit.
I have by mistake indicated my marital wrong as never married in my visa application form.
I have a wife before i applied for visa, is there anyway to change my status?? And how she could accompany me? What would be the consequences?
I want to know how bad is it???

Karan dhillon

Feb 6, 2019
Not sure...may be you can try using the Web form?
Its happened today she submitted her workpermit today from new lmia . We got married on 24 nov last year i already applied for my study permit in dec with change of status single to married with her name I got my study permit a week ago and

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Someone told meto do case specific inquirie
You can send a case specific enquiry using the webform to report important changes like marriage, divorce, birth etc. Your case will be about correcting. I guess it should work as well. Or may be send an email. Or you can and ask as well. It should be ok. Just make sure you do it though

Karan dhillon

Feb 6, 2019
You can send a case specific enquiry using the webform to report important changes like marriage, divorce, birth etc. Your case will be about correcting. I guess it should work as well. Or may be send an email. Or you can and ask as well. It should be ok. Just make sure you do it though
Thank you so much for your help

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Just an observation but ultimately everyone needs to take responsibility for any forms completed by a third party on their behalf. Sure mistakes can happen but as in this example immigration will still hold the applicant responsible and not the third party.

Note minor point not to open up an old thread from near 11 years ago, create a new one or least limit to a couple years. The original poster has not even been seen here for those 11 years.