+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Workpermit issue

CanIndia

Nov 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,

I have applied for Passport renewal to Indian consulate, it might take couple of weeks to process. But meanwhile couple of days back my open work permit expired. I can't renew because I don't have the new passport information. Also few days back, I received permanent resident passport request from detroit embassy, I can't go and get the stamping and landing because I don't have the passport at the moment. My workplace won't pay me because my SIN no. expired. What are my options now :-[

Thanks and Regards.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

CanIndia said:
Hi Friends,

I have applied for Passport renewal to Indian consulate, it might take couple of weeks to process. But meanwhile couple of days back my open work permit expired. I can't renew because I don't have the new passport information. Also few days back, I received permanent resident passport request from detroit embassy, I can't go and get the stamping and landing because I don't have the passport at the moment. My workplace won't pay me because my SIN no. expired. What are my options now :-[

Thanks and Regards.
You can't do anything until you get your passport back. Then you send it to Detroit or take it for PR visa. As you will be out of status, you can't "land" at an inland CIC, it will have to be at a Port of Entry.

CanIndia

Nov 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I have now received my renewed passport. Should I apply for work permit renewal or you think I can directly go to Detroit to get the immigration papers. Will it be an issue at the Detroit embassy that I currently don't have a valid status?

sam.ums

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
CanIndia said:
Hi, I have now received my renewed passport. Should I apply for work permit renewal or you think I can directly go to Detroit to get the immigration papers. Will it be an issue at the Detroit embassy that I currently don't have a valid status?
Hi, Somewhere I 'm in the same situation bro ......I would like to know when u applied for renewal of passport,Is they chage ur passport no. ? please help me out with this question
thanks