+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

working with PGWP, should i answer "work permit required,and no LMIA required

jenjenjenn

Feb 18, 2020
Hello senior immigrants,
still confused here.

I have been working with PGWP in a company for past two years and this company just got me LMIA approved today. I am trying to update my EE profile.

For the question,
Which of these categories does OOO's job fall under? ( Still same company, still under PGWP but plus LMIA approved today)

- No work permit needed,
- Work permit required, no LMIA required
- both Work permit and LMIA required

It would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,

Jen

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020
Work permit required, no LMIA required. I believe you can use your LMIA to claim points for having a valid job offer, as well as to get a closed work permit down the line if you need it.

jenjenjenn

Feb 18, 2020
Work permit required, no LMIA required. I believe you can use your LMIA to claim points for having a valid job offer, as well as to get a closed work permit down the line if you need it.
Really appreciate your response. Since my PGWP is still vaild for next 6 months, I won't need to apply for the closed work permit at the moment (at least).
So you think I can click the work permit required, no LMIA even though I just got an issued LMIA?

Thanks.

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020
Really appreciate your response. Since my PGWP is still vaild for next 6 months, I won't need to apply for the closed work permit at the moment (at least).
So you think I can click the work permit required, no LMIA even though I just got an issued LMIA?

Thanks.
Yup, because even though you have an LMIA, you didn't need one because you were on an open work permit.

If you weren't on an open work permit you would need a closed work permit and you'd answer that question with option 3 (both)

You also probably won't need to get a closed work permit because you'll be eligible to apply for a bridging open work permit after applying for PR.

Reactions: jenjenjenn

jenjenjenn

Feb 18, 2020
Yup, because even though you have an LMIA, you didn't need one because you were on an open work permit.

If you weren't on an open work permit you would need a closed work permit and you'd answer that question with option 3 (both)

You also probably won't need to get a closed work permit because you'll be eligible to apply for a bridging open work permit after applying for PR.
Can't say thank you enough. I was really confused on this question.

May I ask you one more question?

There is a question saying:

Has OOO been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)

Should I answer 'Yes' as I have been working for THIS employer WITH my current (open) work permit for two years now

or

'No' as my current OPEN (PGWP) does not specify the employer's name?

So confused here.
Thanks.

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020
Can't say thank you enough. I was really confused on this question.

May I ask you one more question?

There is a question saying:

Has OOO been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)

Should I answer 'Yes' as I have been working for THIS employer WITH my current (open) work permit for two years now

or

'No' as my current OPEN (PGWP) does not specify the employer's name?

So confused here.
Thanks.
No problem!

You would say yes, you have.

My application was pretty similar to yours. Graduated, PGWP for a year, applied for PR, switched to a BOWP, just got approved last week. You got this!