+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working with Employment Agency under the CEC

shallyj

Nov 29, 2019
It would be kind of odd if it did : ) The important point is that they are consistent with the duties of the skilled NOC you are claiming.
Hi please i need your help.
So i got the contract job with an employment agency from jan 11 2019 to jan 17th 2020, the agency's client decided to hire me full on last week monday and i got my ITA on thursday the 23rd for the contract full time job. However, going to continue the application now, there's a part that asks if i have a job offer? Note: before i got the ITA, I had filled out NO to the job offer section.

My question now is:
1. Is it necessary to mention i got a job offer considering it is the same company i am working with (not the agency but the client's company i mean)
2. I am still in the same role, nothing has changed except my pay is processed by client company and not agency anymore
3. Should i still claim agency as my employer or the client as of this moment, considering i was just offered the job on the 20th and got the ITA on the 23rd and i am claiming points for the one year that is jan 2019-jan 2020?

Please help me out.

$$harsh$$

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hello @jes_ON
Could you please help me here!
I got a contract job through employment agency starting feb2019 until Oct,2019 under NOC B. Then the client hired me permanently in Oct,2019 and still working with them.
I am about to apply for PR next week under CEC. While creating my express entry profile I put client’s name as my employer and not mentioned about my agency.
For supporting my work experience I got one letter from agency stating I was working between feb,2019 to oct,2019 with client company and the letter has everything Except job roles and duties. In addition I have paystubs from agency, T4, and ROE
I got another letter from client company with all the details mentioned as required by IRCC including job duties. Also the client letter mentions that I was working until oct2019 under agency and then was hired by us(client company).

My question- is it ok if I have only mentioned my client’s company name as my employer starting feb,2019 till present?

Any input appreciated
Thank you

Slyar

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020
When I fill in the information under work experience. They asked what is my employer name, do I put the job agency name?

For example:

Company Name: Robert Half Canada (Job Agency) or just Robert Half Canada?

How do I include the client company name inside the application?
I am currently working through Robert half, if I get a permanent at job -
Will that be valid? For CEC?

Slyar

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020
Hello @jes_ON
Could you please help me here!
I got a contract job through employment agency starting feb2019 until Oct,2019 under NOC B. Then the client hired me permanently in Oct,2019 and still working with them.
I am about to apply for PR next week under CEC. While creating my express entry profile I put client’s name as my employer and not mentioned about my agency.
For supporting my work experience I got one letter from agency stating I was working between feb,2019 to oct,2019 with client company and the letter has everything Except job roles and duties. In addition I have paystubs from agency, T4, and ROE
I got another letter from client company with all the details mentioned as required by IRCC including job duties. Also the client letter mentions that I was working until oct2019 under agency and then was hired by us(client company).

My question- is it ok if I have only mentioned my client’s company name as my employer starting feb,2019 till present?

Any input appreciated
Thank you
Hey did you get through?

AKAMunch

Jun 19, 2022
My question overlaps with some of the questions here. I'm in the states (born and raised). I've worked for several contract/temp agencies with a Canadian presence over the years, including Kelly, TekSystems and Robert Half as a computer technician (break/fix, desktop support, junior sysadmin). If I understand correctly, that's NOC 2282. I have a bachelors degree, and a decent palette of CompTIA and Microsoft certifications. Does anyone have any advice about getting a long-term assignment in Winnipeg or Edmonton through one of these agencies, and applying for permanent residency under CEC or similar?