+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working with COPR

Anand N

Oct 28, 2018
Hi,

I am residing in Canada right now and I have a work permit. I just got my COPR document. I plan to get my US visitor visa, then cross the border and come back to get the PR status approved by the immigration officer. This might take some months.

I wish to change job in the meantime. Can I change job with the COPR document that was issued to me?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I am residing in Canada right now and I have a work permit. I just got my COPR document. I plan to get my US visitor visa, then cross the border and come back to get the PR status approved by the immigration officer. This might take some months.

I wish to change job in the meantime. Can I change job with the COPR document that was issued to me?
You don't need a US visa to flagpole and land as a PR.

A COPR doesn't allow you to do anything. If you have a closed work permit, you cannot work anywhere else. You need to land.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
You need to finish landing formalities to activate PR. Flagpoling would be fastest way. You can also setup a landing interview at one of the IRCC locations. I know there is one in Ottawa and another one in Etobicoke that do landing formalities.