+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working Remotely for a Canadian Company from India

Sep 23, 2020
Hey everyone.

I am new here and this is my first post. I am a slightly weird situation. I have an open work permit but I haven't been able to go to Canada because of the Covid situation. Recently i got a job offer from a Canadian organization and they are fine with me working from India.

Could somebody help me to understand if this kind of an arrangement works and if it does, how does it work in terms of salary, taxation, SIN among other things.

Thanks

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
Hey everyone.

I am new here and this is my first post. I am a slightly weird situation. I have an open work permit but I haven't been able to go to Canada because of the Covid situation. Recently i got a job offer from a Canadian organization and they are fine with me working from India.

Could somebody help me to understand if this kind of an arrangement works and if it does, how does it work in terms of salary, taxation, SIN among other things.

Thanks
I am currently working remotely for a Canadian company from Nigeria. I have a closed work permit but since we have been waiting for long, they gave me a different contract as an Independent Contractor, while my work permit is being processed.

Sep 23, 2020
I am currently working remotely for a Canadian company from Nigeria. I have a closed work permit but since we have been waiting for long, they gave me a different contract as an Independent Contractor, while my work permit is being processed.
Thank you. That was helpful. A few a queries, "have you travelled to Canada'' as a pre-requisite for this job offer. And how does the salary work. Does your company follow the Canadian standard or are the local standards applied? How about taxes? And are you planning to move to Canada? Does this job count as Canadian job experience? Do you have a SIN?

noveedi

Jul 12, 2015
I am newly here and its my first post. I have applied spousal work permit on 14th jan of this year from Pakistan. But could not got any response from the canadian high commission. Any body had got work permit as he applied after 14th jan. Plz let guide what me should do for the further. Thanks

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
Thank you. That was helpful. A few a queries, "have you travelled to Canada'' as a pre-requisite for this job offer. And how does the salary work. Does your company follow the Canadian standard or are the local standards applied? How about taxes? And are you planning to move to Canada? Does this job count as Canadian job experience? Do you have a SIN?
I have never been to Canada. I got the job from Nigeria. They transfer my salary direct to my Nigerian bank account. I am paid at Canadian rate. The same salary I would have been getting if i was in Canada. This job does not count as Canadian work experience until I actually start doing it in Canada. I do not have a SIN. You can only get a SIN when you get your work permit in Canada.

manp1988

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Canada
Hey everyone.

Thanks
Hi. Can you share which company it is?. I would like to apply for that. I have SIN and open work permit.