+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working Remotely as an Independent Contractor for Canadian Company count in EE FSW????

abidm6

Star Member
Dec 19, 2015
Hi. For the past year, I've been working as a contractor for a Canadian company remotely from my home country. The job title is Data Analyst and was remote work which means that I worked from my home country for the entire year.

Below are the details
1.Working from home country
2.Company is Canada based
3.On the contract, it said I work for the Company remotely from my home.
4.Company has hired me as an fulltime independent contractor.
5.Do not have salary slip
6.Have time sheet and update as invoice for salary

I want to know; will this experience be counted and pointed under FSW EE?

and when creating EE profile, should I check mark self-employment box? and should i write my name or this company name under employer box?

Please advise, thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi. For the past year, I've been working as a contractor for a Canadian company remotely from my home country. The job title is Data Analyst and was remote work which means that I worked from my home country for the entire year.

Below are the details
1.Working from home country
2.Company is Canada based
3.On the contract, it said I work for the Company remotely from my home.
4.Company has hired me as an fulltime independent contractor.
5.Do not have salary slip
6.Have time sheet and update as invoice for salary

I want to know; will this experience be counted and pointed under FSW EE?

and when creating EE profile, should I check mark self-employment box? and should i write my name or this company name under employer box?

Please advise, thank you!
Yes, you can count it. You will need reference letter from employer outline duties, salary and time worked.

abidm6

Star Member
Dec 19, 2015
Yes, you can count it. You will need reference letter from employer outline duties, salary and time worked.
I can get reference letter, but i am confused in EE form, what we should write under Employer name? and Country and CIty? as, as an Independent Contractor i dont have any Entity, all contract and payment reciepts are under my Name.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I can get reference letter, but i am confused in EE form, what we should write under Employer name? and Country and CIty? as, as an Independent Contractor i dont have any Entity, all contract and payment reciepts are under my Name.
You are considered self employed so need to follow the requirements on the IRCC site for mandatory documents. You are the entity.

Reactions: hiato