+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working outside canada on work permit

May 10, 2020
Hello,

I have already worked for more than a year in Canada and still have around years left under work permit. I want to take views whether I can work from my home country for my current Canadian organization for more than 6 months or a year or until my work permit expires. This is needful to take care of family in home country and sort out personal affairs which require me to be present in my home country for more than 6 months. Would such a move have any implications in terms of work regulations, immigration (PR processings), taxations?

I want to be in Canada post personal affairs gets sorted out and family can come along.

Thanks in advance for your views.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I have already worked for more than a year in Canada and still have around years left under work permit. I want to take views whether I can work from my home country for my current Canadian organization for more than 6 months or a year or until my work permit expires. This is needful to take care of family in home country and sort out personal affairs which require me to be present in my home country for more than 6 months. Would such a move have any implications in terms of work regulations, immigration (PR processings), taxations?

I want to be in Canada post personal affairs gets sorted out and family can come along.

Thanks in advance for your views.
Whether you can work outside of Canada will be up to your employer. If your employer allows you to work outside of Canada, then you can certainly do that.

Note that working outside of Canada will count as foreign work experience and not Canadian work experience for immigration purposes.

Reactions: praveshgupta1993