+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working on ICT for Full Time with different Employers - employer on their current work permit for at least one year?

npandey17

Jul 24, 2023
Hi Everyone,

Need your help to decide whether I am eligible to claim 50 points under Job Offer category for Express Entry.
My scenario: I got relocated to Canada on ICT(Intra-company Transfer) Visa last year in May 2022. I worked for the same employer till May 2023 (Basically more than a year).
Recently i started working for a new Employer as they got my Work permit transferred on their name. Now i have been working for this new employer for 2 months only but I do have one year experience on ICT visa with my previous employer.

However I am not sure whether i can select 'Yes' for 'Has candidate been working for Employer on their current work permit for at least one year'.

Please let me know your inputs if I can claim 50 point under this category with my situation. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone,

Need your help to decide whether I am eligible to claim 50 points under Job Offer category for Express Entry.
My scenario: I got relocated to Canada on ICT(Intra-company Transfer) Visa last year in May 2022. I worked for the same employer till May 2023 (Basically more than a year).
Recently i started working for a new Employer as they got my Work permit transferred on their name. Now i have been working for this new employer for 2 months only but I do have one year experience on ICT visa with my previous employer.

However I am not sure whether i can select 'Yes' for 'Has candidate been working for Employer on their current work permit for at least one year'.

Please let me know your inputs if I can claim 50 point under this category with my situation. Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure what you mean by your new employer getting the work permit "transferred" to their name. Do you mean that your new employer got an approved LMIA and then you applied for a new closed work permit based on the approved LMIA and job offer from your new employer?

You need to provide more details for us to answer you question.

npandey17

Jul 24, 2023
Hi @scylla

Thanks for your response. New Employer filed a work permit under the Public policy exemption which doesn't need the LMIA (Sorry I don't have more details on this as their Immigration team handled the overall process). But basically the new work permit too is LMIA Exempt and is Employer specific.

But since now I am working with new employer, do I again have to wait for one more year to claim 50 points, given that I completed 1 year of service with my Previous employer on LIMA- Exempt Closed Work permit.

Please let me know your thoughts.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi @scylla

Thanks for your response. New Employer filed a work permit under the Public policy exemption which doesn't need the LMIA (Sorry I don't have more details on this as their Immigration team handled the overall process). But basically the new work permit too is LMIA Exempt and is Employer specific.

But since now I am working with new employer, do I again have to wait for one more year to claim 50 points, given that I completed 1 year of service with my Previous employer on LIMA- Exempt Closed Work permit.

Please let me know your thoughts.
You have to wait until you have worked for your new employer for a full year since the work permit is LMIA exempt. So you won't be able to claim the 50 points now.

Reactions: Naturgrl