+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working more than 20 hours in Spring as a Student in Canada

Discussion in 'Temporary Residence in Canada (Work, Study, Visit)' started by Priyavart Rajain, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Hey guys! So it's been about 8 months that I am in Canada as a student, it's a 4-year bachelor of science program at UofC. This is my scenario:
    1. It's Spring right now and I am taking one course worth 3 credits.
    2. According to my university, I am a part-time student and can work 40 hours.
    3. My friends are saying that even if I am taking one course, I am not allowed to work 20+ hours.
    4. Is it true?
    5. If I am taking one course over spring, Can I work more than 20 hours or not?
    Any honest advice will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks!

2. Is it your last semester? If not, no, you cannot work more than 20 hours :

3. Nah bruh, I just finished my 1st year .
    Thanks for the help , I will definitely follow through :)

4. Are you required to be taking courses right now or are you on a regularly scheduled break for summer and just decided to take an extra course?

5. Nope, I am not required to take courses in the spring, it is in fact a scheduled brake , I am just taking this course because I wanted to.

6. The fact that you chose to take a course doesn't change the fact that it is a scheduled break and you are therefore allowed to work full-time. Note that there is no limit to full-time, so you can work as many hours as you want.

7. Alright! That made it clear, Thank you!