+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working in Seattle weekends in Vancouver

hellguy

Jan 28, 2020
I have been mulling on this for a very long time and can't seem to find a satisfactory answer.

I am currently working/living in Vancouver and will get the Canadian PR soon. I also have an H1B for US that I haven't taken up on yet (valid till 2021). If I take up on the H1B, I am worried I will lose my PR after some years.

If I can work in Seattle on weekdays, travel back to Vancouver on Friday evening, travel again to work on Monday morning, I should be able to maintain my PR status while working in Seattle. I am assuming life will be hell due to weekly traveling. And doing the taxes would be a nightmare (I am hoping to rope in a consultant to help out with this). The only problem is how easy would it be to cross the border every week?

Has anyone tried it yet? Any tips on how to make this easier.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Many people do this. They even commute daily. With this proposal you will get 4 days out of 7. Note that you need 2 years out of 5 to maintain PR.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You so led try to get a Nexxus pass as soon as possible. Do you have to travel for work? Things like that plus any potential vacations must be considered if you will be tight when it comes to your RO.