+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working in Quebec but want to apply for other province

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Hello everyone,

I am writing to get your recommendations/information for my future PR application under Canadian Experience Class.

I am explaining my situation in followings steps:

1. I have started working in Quebec with a Closed work permit (LMIA exempted) since November 2021.
2. My work permit is valid up to October 2023 (extendable for 1 more year)
3. I have my wife (she is on visitor visa but I applied her open work permit) and two children (both studying here)

Because Québec experience program requires 2 years of work experience and mandatory French language, therefore I plan to apply and move to any other province.

According to https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=382&top=29
Those who currently working in Quebec but plan to live elsewhere in Canada can apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

As I checked online, after completing 1 year of experience in Quebec, my CRS score will be around 430-450 (considering my existing job as a job offer from Canada).

Since I am new here and I have no prior information about other provinces. I need information about followings.

1. Is there any CRS threshould set by provinces to select their candidates from CEC applicants?
2. After my PR application under CEC is approved for other provinces, can I continue working in Quebec? My job contract here is for 3 years and possibility of further extensions in future.

I hope I have explained my situation very clearly, however, if any information is missing, please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021
Hello everyone,

I am writing to get your recommendations/information for my future PR application under Canadian Experience Class.

I am explaining my situation in followings steps:

1. I have started working in Quebec with a Closed work permit (LMIA exempted) since November 2021.
2. My work permit is valid up to October 2023 (extendable for 1 more year)
3. I have my wife (she is on visitor visa but I applied her open work permit) and two children (both studying here)

Because Québec experience program requires 2 years of work experience and mandatory French language, therefore I plan to apply and move to any other province.

According to https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=382&top=29
Those who currently working in Quebec but plan to live elsewhere in Canada can apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

As I checked online, after completing 1 year of experience in Quebec, my CRS score will be around 430-450 (considering my existing job as a job offer from Canada).

Since I am new here and I have no prior information about other provinces. I need information about followings.

1. Is there any CRS threshould set by provinces to select their candidates from CEC applicants?
2. After my PR application under CEC is approved for other provinces, can I continue working in Quebec? My job contract here is for 3 years and possibility of further extensions in future.

I hope I have explained my situation very clearly, however, if any information is missing, please let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Hi, and welcome to Quebec :)

I have been living and working in Quebec since 2019. I applied for PR through CEC in October, 2021, and haven't received any decision so far, but that doesn't have to do anything with me being in Quebec. That's how it is in the PR journey :D

Regarding your queries, yes you can apply for PR under CEC while in Quebec. Once your case is under process and reaches a case officer's desk, the officer will look at your case and decide if (s)he needs to send you a Procedural Fairness Letter (PFL) to clarify your situation or, if, (s)he is already satisfied with how you present your application, might even grant you PR.

If you fall under the few lucky one's category and get your PR granted, good for you. Otherwise, the officer will ask you to satisfy her/him that you indeed plan to live anywhere except Quebec through a PFL. To do so, they ask you to cut all your ties with Quebec (including lease) and move wherever you want and get a new lease there, take up residence, a driver's license; showing that you already have moved out. Unfortunately, for us folks working on a closed work permit, it's not a feasible option, that too before actually receiving PR; feels kind of a bluff. In that case, some people have clarified their situation by giving language barrier, lack of social integration for you and your family (which is indeed true here without French), and got their PRs granted.

Once you have PR, it's always better to keep your word and actually move out, since you showed IRCC that you can't integrate here. However, Section 6 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms also applies to Canadian PRs, which gives you the complete right to live anywhere you want in Canada. So yes you can stay in Quebec as long as you want after PR.

GoodLuck with your future PR journey :)

• Love
Reactions: powereng1982

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Hi, and welcome to Quebec :)

I have been living and working in Quebec since 2019. I applied for PR through CEC in October, 2021, and haven't received any decision so far, but that doesn't have to do anything with me being in Quebec. That's how it is in the PR journey :D

Regarding your queries, yes you can apply for PR under CEC while in Quebec. Once your case is under process and reaches a case officer's desk, the officer will look at your case and decide if (s)he needs to send you a Procedural Fairness Letter (PFL) to clarify your situation or, if, (s)he is already satisfied with how you present your application, might even grant you PR.

If you fall under the few lucky one's category and get your PR granted, good for you. Otherwise, the officer will ask you to satisfy her/him that you indeed plan to live anywhere except Quebec through a PFL. To do so, they ask you to cut all your ties with Quebec (including lease) and move wherever you want and get a new lease there, take up residence, a driver's license; showing that you already have moved out. Unfortunately, for us folks working on a closed work permit, it's not a feasible option, that too before actually receiving PR; feels kind of a bluff. In that case, some people have clarified their situation by giving language barrier, lack of social integration for you and your family (which is indeed true here without French), and got their PRs granted.

Once you have PR, it's always better to keep your word and actually move out, since you showed IRCC that you can't integrate here. However, Section 6 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms also applies to Canadian PRs, which gives you the complete right to live anywhere you want in Canada. So yes you can stay in Quebec as long as you want after PR.

GoodLuck with your future PR journey :)
Very well understood. Thanks buddy!:) You have covered most my points.

And yes, all the best for your application, I hope you are going to get a very good news in next 1 -2 months.

Offcourse main constraints associated to our situation is French Language. We never used a single French word before coming to Quebec:D

I have two kids; 8 years and 4 years old. The elder son has already started going to primary school. Schools teaches in French. Because he is new to this complex language, we have noticed he has lost a lot of his confidence. He is learning and trying alot, but we have seen him complaining about many things. i.e all his classmate conversate in French and he is unable to mingle; yet he has no friends in his class. Most kids in Quebec speak in French.

Due to language, our child has become hopeless to get any kind of support from us in academic matters.

Because we are in same situation and you are a senior, I may continue contacting you in future. Thanks again

Last edited:

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021

And yes, all the best for your application, I hope you are going to get a very good news in next 1 -2 months.

Offcourse main constraints associated to our situation is French Language. We never used a single French word before coming to Quebec:D

I have two kids; 8 years and 4 years old. The elder son has already started going to primary school. Schools teaches in French. Because he is new to this complex language, we have noticed he has lost a lot of his confidence. He is learning and trying alot, but we have seen him complaining about many things. i.e all his classmate conversate in French and he is unable to mingle; yet he has no friends in his class. Most kids in Quebec speak in French.

Due to language, our child has become hopeless to get any kind of support from us in academic matters.

Because we are in same situation and you are a senior, I may continue contacting you in future. Thanks again
You're most welcome. I feel you. It's really hard to integrate here, especially if you're living in a suburb or small town. The lack of socialization really takes a toll on childrens' personal, mental, and behavioral development. Although my kids are still young (4 and 2), I feel this too. Have you tried Western Quebec School Board (https://westernquebec.ca/) schools for your kids? Their schools are English, and since you're not a Canadian Citizen or PR yet, I think Bill 101 still gives you some way around getting your kids admitted to English schools. In the worst case, you just have to prove that you and your wife received your education in English.

Sure, if you need any help or want to discuss anything, I would be happy to help you.

• Love
Reactions: powereng1982

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Kids adapt quickly to languages. By the end of the year they will likely be quite comfortable with French. They just need to get through the initial difficult phase.

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021
Kids adapt quickly to languages. By the end of the year they will likely be quite comfortable with French. They just need to get through the initial difficult phase.
I agree, most kids do. But some kids have language hesitancy, where they only want to speak one language. That's the case with my daughter. She doesn't even speak my mother tongue even though she understands everything we say. She has been attending French daycare, but still not a single French word that she can say. Whenever we go to drop or pick her off at her daycare, she is playing alone in one corner while all the other kids are in the opposite corner. For some reason, she finds English easier to speak.