+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working in Quebec after getting ITA under CEC category

Jul 8, 2020
Hi Guys,

I got my invitation to apply for PR under CEC class in july.
I worked in Ontario from april-2019 to may-2020 and was laid off due to covid19. And i metioned that in my application.

Now, after getting my invitation i got a full time job for a company based in montreal. Some people are saying that i shouldn't be working for a Quebec based company, if i apply for my pr where i mentioned that i intended to stay in ontario in my application.

But, i'm currently working from home and supposed to continue working from home atleast until January. Since I'm working from home my employer is running my payroll and paying taxes in ontario since I'm not in montreal and i dont have any Quebec address as a proof.

So I'm not sure if it is true what they are saying . Is it ok to continue work? And update regarding this new job in my application?

Can you please let me know regarding this.

Waiting for your response

Thanks,
Ganesh

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Taking a job from a Quebec employer shows possible intent to settle in Quebec, which is not allowed under Express Entry.

AlexiBaron

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
Hi Guys,

I got my invitation to apply for PR under CEC class in july.
I worked in Ontario from april-2019 to may-2020 and was laid off due to covid19. And i metioned that in my application.

Now, after getting my invitation i got a full time job for a company based in montreal. Some people are saying that i shouldn't be working for a Quebec based company, if i apply for my pr where i mentioned that i intended to stay in ontario in my application.

But, i'm currently working from home and supposed to continue working from home atleast until January. Since I'm working from home my employer is running my payroll and paying taxes in ontario since I'm not in montreal and i dont have any Quebec address as a proof.

So I'm not sure if it is true what they are saying . Is it ok to continue work? And update regarding this new job in my application?

Can you please let me know regarding this.

Waiting for your response

Thanks,
Ganesh
Hi
I HIGHLY Recommend to leave Quebec ASAP and get a job in other provinces. I did your mistake. My application was refused after 5.5 months (I was invited for a short term project in Montreal). I had had to leave Quebec and apply again and I am waiting for biometric (6 months passed).

Jul 8, 2020
Hi
I HIGHLY Recommend to leave Quebec ASAP and get a job in other provinces. I did your mistake. My application was refused after 5.5 months (I was invited for a short term project in Montreal). I had had to leave Quebec and apply again and I am waiting for biometric (6 months passed).
Im currently not in Quebec and working from home until February 2021. And my taxes are paid for Ontario government.

Aman1212

Star Member
May 25, 2020
Im currently not in Quebec and working from home until February 2021. And my taxes are paid for Ontario government.
you need to show intent to leave quebec may be you will get query about PFL ( Proof of leaving ) just ready with ontrario lease agreement , DL , school admission proff for kids , health insurance ONIP i guess in your case and show some proof that you wont work in quebec and looking for job outside of Quebec. Hope it helps