+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

working in canada

Charlotte10

May 27, 2018
Hello,

I have applied for a working holiday visa. I am aiming to come to Canada end of September I am little bit worried as I am travelling on my own.
Is it difficult to find a job in Toronto? Is best to look for a job once I will be on the Canadian territory? How can I meet people once I am in Toronto? If you have any tips or group I can join it will be very helpful. Thank you.

Reactions: HowardDainty

qureishi

Dec 9, 2011
from
Hello,

I have applied for a working holiday visa. I am aiming to come to Canada end of September I am little bit worried as I am travelling on my own.
Is it difficult to find a job in Toronto? Is best to look for a job once I will be on the Canadian territory? How can I meet people once I am in Toronto? If you have any tips or group I can join it will be very helpful. Thank you.
From which country you are coming ? What experience you have ? It will be very hard to find job being outside of Canada. You must be present in Canada. People here are good and friendly and you can meet them in a normal & humble way.

Charlotte10

May 27, 2018
from

From which country you are coming ? What experience you have ? It will be very hard to find job being outside of Canada. You must be present in Canada. People here are good and friendly and you can meet them in a normal & humble way.
Thank you ever so much for your reply. I am currently living in the U.K. and working for a IT company as a Project Delivery Assistant. I've been in the role for over 2 years. Do you know which recruitment agencies I should target?

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018
Thank you ever so much for your reply. I am currently living in the U.K. and working for a IT company as a Project Delivery Assistant. I've been in the role for over 2 years. Do you know which recruitment agencies I should target?
The recruitment becomes a little slow from October onwards in Canada, that is because of the weather change. The most ideal time to reach there and hunt for jobs is from the period Mar-Oct.

I would strongly recommend you get on LinkedIn and try connecting with people from there. You won't be able to land a job before landing (unless you are lucky/have some connections that would work out for you). It is an extremely competitive field right now cause of the influx of IT developers.

I would recommend you to land in Vancouver as that is the IT hub.

qureishi

Dec 9, 2011
LinkedIn is your best friend. connect with the right people / recruiters via LinkedIn