+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working in canada 5 months of the year so what do I register under to sponsor.

Apr 12, 2016
Hi There,

Husband is Egyptian im Canadian. Been together around 3 and a half years and married since last April.

My work is seasonal in Canada just 4 or 5 months of the year at a hotel which I have worked there the last 4 years. After the 4 or 5 months my work finishes I go back to Egypt to stay with my hubby as he cant come to Canada obviously. I have started the papers for visa however im told I am supposed to be on Canadian soil 6 months of the year or live outside Canada as long as we are planning on living in Canada once the visa is accepted. The choice on the visa papers is those living exclusively outside Canada (which im not, I work in Canada about 4 to 5 months of the year). What do I do on the visa papers in this regard??

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Emily

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
For the question 'Do you live exclusively outside Canada?' you can answer 'no'. You will have to explain your living situation anyway, however. If the visa officer finds out you are only in Canada 4 or 5 months a year, he or she will probably ask for more information and proof you plan to relocate to Canada once your husband gets PR. It would save time to just provide this information with the application.

However, if you want to continue what you are doing (working at the hotel for 4 or 5 months a year, then living outside of Canada) the visa officer might refuse the application. He or she might say to reapply when you want to live in Canada full-time.

However, if this is not an issue, you can always provide proof you will be relocating to Canada full-time. Then, if after your husband gets PR, you two decide to move outside of Canada for part of the year, actually this is allowed. Your husband's residency requirements can be met if he is outside of Canada with you.