Working in a family business

FSumayah

Nov 16, 2018
Sri Lanka
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Is it a major negative in my case that I am working in a family business and I can't show my credibility in terms of getting a good job from market?

My study permit visa got refused for 3rd time.
I am working in a family business, not as a partner but as an employee.

How to convince the visa officer in this situation.

In my 3rd refusal note I gave received " purpose of visit" " Current employment situation" and "future job prospects in my home country"

Please help

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is it a major negative in my case that I am working in a family business and I can't show my credibility in terms of getting a good job from market?

My study permit visa got refused for 3rd time.
I am working in a family business, not as a partner but as an employee.

How to convince the visa officer in this situation.

In my 3rd refusal note I gave received " purpose of visit" " Current employment situation" and "future job prospects in my home country"

Please help
If you work in a family business your career will advance because you are part of the family. There is no need to seek an international degree.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
If you work in a family business your career will advance because you are part of the family. There is no need to seek an international degree.
So basically you are saying this person should be happy with life and not aspire to more? Thank God I did not listen to my parents when I was young and got myself an international career instead.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So basically you are saying this person should be happy with life and not aspire to more? Thank God I did not listen to my parents when I was young and got myself an international career instead.
Didn’t say that. In a family business there is natural progression. Whether you study within your country or get a degree abroad will unlikely make a difference to your career advancement. The cost also are tough to justify and leadership skills are primarily learned not taught.