+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working Holiday Visa

torontoluv

Aug 9, 2010
Hello everyone,
Please i need advise, i applied for working holiday visa and i was given but the problem is my husband, i would like him to come with me. but he is over 30 and he couldnt apply for the working holiday visa. Is there Visa he can apply for? by the way we are both British citizens.

my seciond question is can i change my working holiday visa to Work permit after 12month of working in Canada?

Thank you everyone

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you are on a WHV, you don't have the right to take your husband with you. Of course he can come as a visitor but he can not work. He could however look for a job and try to get an LMO and a regular work permit.

If you get a skilled job, you can at any point ask your employer to apply for your LMO so you can get a regular work permit. If you have a regular work permit for a skilled job, you can call for your husband and he can apply for an open work permit based on your permit.

torontoluv

Aug 9, 2010
Thank you for your reply..

so you are saying i will be able to change from WHV to work permit as soon as i get Skilled Job without coming back to Uk?

Thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

torontoluv said:
Thank you for your reply..

so you are saying i will be able to change from WHV to work permit as soon as i get Skilled Job without coming back to Uk?

Thank you
Yes, but if you find a skilled job (NOC A,B or O) your employer would have to apply for an approved LMO after advertising the position on the job bank. If it is approved, then you could apply for a new work permit through Vegreville. When it is issued, then your spouse could apply for an open work permit.

kayciesaydie

Sep 3, 2010
hello I really need some help.
i (canadian) am engaged to an american from new york.
recently we found out that i am pregnant :D
he is 30 years old and is unskilled and i want to know how i can go about getting him a work permit or holliday permit. unskilled meaning he isnt a doctor ect. we have looked into it although just reading things online about work visa about a year ago. due to the fact i am pregnant i wont be able to travel back and forth to new york to see him all the time and i dont want him to miss out on the baby's growth! if anyone could help me please that would be great. my email is kayciesaydie@gmail.com thank you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is this one: http://www.bunac.org/usa/workcanada/ but it's only 6 months. You should really marry him and sponsor him for PR if you want him to stay.