+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working Holiday Visa - Taking trip to Mexico. Do I need re-entry permit??

Jarome_Turner

Feb 12, 2009
The title says it all. I'm a South Korean here on a working holiday visa and my fiance (Canadian) and I are heading to Mexico near the end of March for a week. My WHV doesn't expire until September... do I need to purchase a re-entry visa or will I be ok on re-entry. I was looking on the bottom of my visa today and I noticed "DOES NOT AUTHORIZE RE-ENTRY" on the bottom....

Thoughts??

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Jarome_Turner said:
The title says it all. I'm a South Korean here on a working holiday visa and my fiance (Canadian) and I are heading to Mexico near the end of March for a week. My WHV doesn't expire until September... do I need to purchase a re-entry visa or will I be ok on re-entry. I was looking on the bottom of my visa today and I noticed "DOES NOT AUTHORIZE RE-ENTRY" on the bottom....

Thoughts??
No, you are fine as S. Koreans don't require TRVs for Canada.

PMM

Jarome_Turner

Feb 12, 2009
I just googled it and TRV stands for temp. resident visa.... I already have a working holiday visa. My question is, if I leave Canada before my WHV expires, do I need to get a re-entry permit so I can still work when I return. My WHV doesn't expire until September of 2009, so I want to be able to work when I return from my trip to Mexico at the end of March.

Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Jarome_Turner said:
I just googled it and TRV stands for temp. resident visa.... I already have a working holiday visa. My question is, if I leave Canada before my WHV expires, do I need to get a re-entry permit so I can still work when I return. My WHV doesn't expire until September of 2009, so I want to be able to work when I return from my trip to Mexico at the end of March.

Thanks!
1. Your WHV would still be valid, but you are examined on every entry as a visitor, you can be refused, but it would be extremely unlikely in your situation .

PMM