+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working Holiday Visa Rejected

AlexRun

Mar 11, 2014
Hi. I applied for the Working Holiday Visa this year (2014). I passed the first two stages (Information, passport, CV, Payment etc.). I was waiting for the last message to say I received my visa today (11 March 2014). Instead I received a refusal letter stating that "You are not a Dutch citizen who normally resides in the Netherlands." I have dual citizenship (One for South Africa and one for the Netherlands). How can this be a pre requisite for a refusal and how is it not mentioned ANYWHERE? By denying me this Visa it has turned my world upside down. Is there anything I can do? Please help

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I am sorry to hear about your refusal. I am not familiar with this type of visa but the question that came to my mind was Where do you normally live? Perhaps with more information others who have experience with these visas will be able to give you some helpful advice. All the best.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

AlexRun said:
Hi. I applied for the Working Holiday Visa this year (2014). I passed the first two stages (Information, passport, CV, Payment etc.). I was waiting for the last message to say I received my visa today (11 March 2014). Instead I received a refusal letter stating that "You are not a Dutch citizen who normally resides in the Netherlands." I have dual citizenship (One for South Africa and one for the Netherlands). How can this be a pre requisite for a refusal and how is it not mentioned ANYWHERE? By denying me this Visa it has turned my world upside down. Is there anything I can do? Please help
Did you the FAQ?

To be eligible for the Working Holiday category, you must:

be a Dutch citizen who normally resides in the Netherlands;
be between the ages of 18 and 30 (inclusive);
have the equivalent of C$2,500 to help cover your expenses at the beginning of your stay;
be prepared to take out health-care insurance for the duration of your stay – you may have to present evidence of this insurance when you enter Canada;
pay a participation fee of C$150; and
not have participated in the Working Holiday category before. As a Dutch citizen, you may participate in International Experience Canada only twice and each time in a different category.

Katie T

Jun 2, 2014
I got refusal letter aswell because I didn't upload one of the document, it said I could re apply.... My question is how do you re apply ? How do you fix up the document?
Super need help, don't have much time
Thanks

wilson.z

Jul 29, 2015
Matthew Iwama said:
Where are you residing?
HI Matthew!

I have some urgent questions coz i cannot get my coop permit on time.

1.Can I do flagpole to get my Co-op work permit???
2.If yes, what kind materials I should take, as same as the material we hand into CIC?
3.There is 1 question from IMM5710, "have you ever been refused a visa, denied or ordered to leave canada or any other country? " So if I do flagpole i should filled with "yes?"