+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working Holiday Visa + Federal Skilled Visa

simonvee

Jul 13, 2009
Hi all,

I know that to wait for a Federal Skill Visa, it usually takes months or even years. I am from Australia so it typically takes 3 years. The problem is I want to live/work (not as P.R as of yet) in Canada asap.

Thus, my question is....

Is it possible to apply for a working holiday visa (6 weeks presumably) then live in Canada. Once I am there can I once again apply for a FSW visa? Namely, apply for one visa while the existing one is 'running'. I know that the WHV is only valid for 2 years therefore, I would have to return home unless if I apply for an LMO.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

simonvee said:
Hi all,

I know that to wait for a Federal Skill Visa, it usually takes months or even years. I am from Australia so it typically takes 3 years. The problem is I want to live/work (not as P.R as of yet) in Canada asap.

Thus, my question is....

Is it possible to apply for a working holiday visa (6 weeks presumably) then live in Canada. Once I am there can I once again apply for a FSW visa? Namely, apply for one visa while the existing one is 'running'. I know that the WHV is only valid for 2 years therefore, I would have to return home unless if I apply for an LMO.
Yes.

PMM

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes it's possible. If you qualify to apply for skilled worker in the first place (year of skilled experience and 67 points) and you fit one of the 3 categories, you can apply. The categories are: 1) having your occupation on the list of 38 most wanted, 2) having a job offer (needs to be skilled and can be the job you are working in, in Canada if it's skilled and your employer offers to keep you on after you get PR) and 3) having been in Canada working or studying for 12 months or more.

So.. if your occupation is not on the most wanted list and you can't get a skilled job or can't get the employer to offer to keep you on, then at the very worst, you can apply after a year.