Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
File Transfer...
05-11-2012
would like explain my situation because I´m really confuse and I´m not sure what can I do...

I came to Canada the 3rd July, 2010. I came with a visa working holiday, and I started to work the 9th August 2010 like software developer, in a full-permanent contract.

The company wants that I continue working here (I'm full permanent right now), so I applied to permanent resident (I sent the papers one week ago, really I don't know how long time they answer to know if I'm on process or I need to send more papers...), but my current work permit is expiring the 2nd July... I know I can´t extend my current work permit, so I was looking for other options while I´m waiting for the resident permanent.

I saw on the webpage (cic.gc.ca) that If I applied to the resident permanent inside Canada, with a valid work permit in that moment, I can apply to a work permit, but I´m not sure what I need or when can I apply to that... Just say "You will have to pass certain stages in the main application process before you can be eligible for a work permit.", but I don´t know what stages...

On the other hand, I´m working right now, so I don´t have the "written confirmation from HRSDC". DO I need to ask for that? I have a letter from my company that says my position, salary, full-permanent...

I would like continue working in the company... I prefer don´t ask for the HRSDC to the company, but If I don´t have more option I will do but I'm confuse with that, because I'm working here for 6 months so really the company is not looking for people right now...

Anybody knonw what can i do?

I really appreciate the help,

Thank you so much

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Yumi said:
would like explain my situation because I´m really confuse and I´m not sure what can I do...

I came to Canada the 3rd July, 2010. I came with a visa working holiday, and I started to work the 9th August 2010 like software developer, in a full-permanent contract.

The company wants that I continue working here (I'm full permanent right now), so I applied to permanent resident (I sent the papers one week ago, really I don't know how long time they answer to know if I'm on process or I need to send more papers...), but my current work permit is expiring the 2nd July... I know I can´t extend my current work permit, so I was looking for other options while I´m waiting for the resident permanent.

I saw on the webpage (cic.gc.ca) that If I applied to the resident permanent inside Canada, with a valid work permit in that moment, I can apply to a work permit, but I´m not sure what I need or when can I apply to that... Just say "You will have to pass certain stages in the main application process before you can be eligible for a work permit.", but I don´t know what stages...

On the other hand, I´m working right now, so I don´t have the "written confirmation from HRSDC". DO I need to ask for that? I have a letter from my company that says my position, salary, full-permanent...

I would like continue working in the company... I prefer don´t ask for the HRSDC to the company, but If I don´t have more option I will do but I'm confuse with that, because I'm working here for 6 months so really the company is not looking for people right now...

Anybody knonw what can i do?

I really appreciate the help,

Thank you so much
If you wish to continue working the company will have to apply for a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) from HRSDC after advertising the position for a minimum of 2 weeks on the job bank. They also have to demonstrate why no Canadians/PRs were available or suitable for the position, before you can apply for a new work permit.

Yumi

Feb 15, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
File Transfer...
05-11-2012
Thank you!! I was thinking that maybe I had other option (because in the webpage said something about If I applied to PR from inside Canada, I can ask for a work visa too).

Thank you!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Yumi said:
Thank you!! I was thinking that maybe I had other option (because in the webpage said something about If I applied to PR from inside Canada, I can ask for a work visa too).

Thank you!
The only persons who can apply for PR in Canada, are spouses, refugees and Live in Caregivers. Everyone else applies to an office outside Canada.

martina_p

Star Member
May 15, 2010
croatia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
PER DEC 05
IELTS Request
sent with app.
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
26-02... add doc sent 03.03
Passport Req..
...RPPR... req. April 08
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2015
from outside ???
but we have to got a job offer in canada ,right???
tnx

Yumi

Feb 15, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
File Transfer...
05-11-2012
Exactly... I'm working in Canada right now, so I applied to the PR.

in cic.gc.ca says about Applications IN CANADA.

And about the work permit..

"you are in Canada because you have already applied for permanent residence from inside Canada. You will have to pass certain stages in the main application process before you can be eligible for a work permit."

This is my situation, but I don't know what "stages" I need to pass before I can obtain the work permit.

On the other hand, Do I need a LMO too?

Thnaks!!

martina_p

Star Member
May 15, 2010
croatia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
PER DEC 05
IELTS Request
sent with app.
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
...RPPR... req. April 08
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2015
Yumi said:

Thnaks!!
this ?? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/cec.asp

Yumi

Feb 15, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
File Transfer...
05-11-2012
No No... I mean in general:

cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/menu-inside.asp

martina_p

Star Member
May 15, 2010
croatia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
PER DEC 05
IELTS Request
sent with app.
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
...RPPR... req. April 08
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2015
yes ... i know now... im planing to do same way like you ,,or go for a skilled worker..i will see...
can you tell me what kind of job do you work ??
tnx

Yumi

Feb 15, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
File Transfer...
05-11-2012
Hi! I'm software developer... I applied for the federal skilled worker but it's a long process so probably I will ask for a work permit too...

martina_p

Star Member
May 15, 2010
croatia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
PER DEC 05
IELTS Request
sent with app.
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
...RPPR... req. April 08
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2015
Hi..it is smart way ..for skilled and work permit.. :)
Im construction technician and soon a helth and safety eng. ..im planing to send my papers for WHP in summer ..

so ..do you like town??
is it big change for you??

Yumi

Feb 15, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
File Transfer...
05-11-2012
Yes! I'm in Toronto, and I really like this city :) It was a big change for me because I'm from a small city in an island in Spain :p but It's a nice city and the jobs are really better than in my country... best salaries, best conditions...
Cheers!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yumi said:

And about the work permit..

"you are in Canada because you have already applied for permanent residence from inside Canada. You will have to pass certain stages in the main application process before you can be eligible for a work permit."

This is my situation, but I don't know what "stages" I need to pass before I can obtain the work permit.

On the other hand, Do I need a LMO too?

Thnaks!!
Yes, you need an LMO as PMM already said. That's one of the certain stages the quote you mentioned applies to. If you were a PNP applicant you may be eligible for a work permit without the LMO. There is no stage within the FSW program that allows an applicant to apply for a work permit based on the FSW application alone.

Yumi

Feb 15, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
File Transfer...
05-11-2012
Thank you so much for the answers! I really appreciate that.