+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working holiday granted!

Leodensian

Oct 20, 2016
Hi all

I am a British citizen and have just received news my Canadian working holiday visa has been granted (I had to go down such a long route as had to apply for rehabilitation for a stupid arrest back in 2007!)

Anyway I'm obviously delighted but does anyone know what this means?

"Your permit will be issued to you on arrival following an examination by an officer"

Does this mean I'm not actually guaranteed a permit?

Thanks in advance.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Leodensian said:
Hi all

I am a British citizen and have just received news my Canadian working holiday visa has been granted (I had to go down such a long route as had to apply for rehabilitation for a stupid arrest back in 2007!)

Anyway I'm obviously delighted but does anyone know what this means?

"Your permit will be issued to you on arrival following an examination by an officer"

Does this mean I'm not actually guaranteed a permit?

Thanks in advance.
It means as it does with anybody entering the country that unless you are a PR or a citizen your entry to the country will be determined each time by the CBSA officer so never guaranteed although rarely refused unless something serious is flagged somewhere or documentation reasons.

For the IEC it is important that you follow the guidelines posted on the CIC site for arrival, passport valid for the duration, your POE letter,travel insurance for 2 years from the time you plan to land, proof you have access to min 2500 CDN and in your case maybe copies of the documents you submitted just in case. Passport validity and travel insurance are key given if less than 2 years out thats all you would get for the work permit and cannot be extended once issued.

As with entering any country be polite to immigration, answer questions honestly, provide documentation asked for and in case of IEC your 2 year work permit should be issued by CBSA with no problems as you have completed the hard part in getting through te application process