+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working Holiday Application: Offer of Employment ID number?

Hitomi26

Jan 14, 2016
Hello,

I'm currently living and working in Canada with one-year PGWP. I just received an Invitation to Apply for a Working Holiday visa which I'm intending to use when PGWP expires.

I'm filling information in the WH application form, but since I have answered "Yes" to the question "Do you have a signed letter of offer, contract of employment, or internship agreement from an employer in Canada?", it's asking me to provide the Offer of Employment ID number. What is this, and how can I get it? Do foreign workers who already have been working in Canada also need this? I've been working as their employee since this January, and I have employment agreement paper/can ask them to provide me with an employment verification letter, but I'm not quite sure what this ID number means. Also, the application form asks whether my employer has paid Employer Compliance Fee... I am aware that WH visa is an Open Work permit, and do not require employers to pay fees, etc.

I started to realize this might be related to LMIA or jobs acquired through Job Bank, but I can't change the answer to the question any longer. Please let me know what I should do with this.

dbf1

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
By the Grace of God
Did you finally work this out ?
Hitomi26 said:
Hello,

I'm currently living and working in Canada with one-year PGWP. I just received an Invitation to Apply for a Working Holiday visa which I'm intending to use when PGWP expires.

I'm filling information in the WH application form, but since I have answered "Yes" to the question "Do you have a signed letter of offer, contract of employment, or internship agreement from an employer in Canada?", it's asking me to provide the Offer of Employment ID number. What is this, and how can I get it? Do foreign workers who already have been working in Canada also need this? I've been working as their employee since this January, and I have employment agreement paper/can ask them to provide me with an employment verification letter, but I'm not quite sure what this ID number means. Also, the application form asks whether my employer has paid Employer Compliance Fee... I am aware that WH visa is an Open Work permit, and do not require employers to pay fees, etc.

I started to realize this might be related to LMIA or jobs acquired through Job Bank, but I can't change the answer to the question any longer. Please let me know what I should do with this.

Hitomi26

Jan 14, 2016
Hi dbf1, I just discovered that you have replied to this thread long time ago.
As this thread has been read by many people, I will post what happened afterwards.

I simply skipped that section and didn't submit any Offer of Employment ID number. It let me go to next page/process without filling it. I got my IEC/Working Holiday permit without any problem. Hope this helps!

chris.y

Feb 1, 2017
Hello,

You can find that on cic.gc website.

Note: If you’re applying for a Working Holiday work permit and you’re asked for information about your offer of employment,

type “A9999999” in the offer of employment number field;
select “No” to the question “Has your employer paid the Employer Compliance fee?”; and
type “Non-applicable – Working Holiday” into the employer address fields.

I did that with my Working Holiday visa as stated on the website.
Where are you from ? I am saying that, because I have also a PGWP expiring soon and I have been applying for the Working Holiday visa for the Belgium one.
within Canada. It got refused because I have to be in Belgium and actively residing there at the time I apply for it.

So be careful, some counties require that you live in the country of your citizenship at the time you apply for the visa.

Hope, you will get it

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
chris.y said:
Hello,

You can find that on cic.gc website.

Note: If you’re applying for a Working Holiday work permit and you’re asked for information about your offer of employment,

type “A9999999” in the offer of employment number field;
select “No” to the question “Has your employer paid the Employer Compliance fee?”; and
type “Non-applicable – Working Holiday” into the employer address fields.

I did that with my Working Holiday visa as stated on the website.
Where are you from ? I am saying that, because I have also a PGWP expiring soon and I have been applying for the Working Holiday visa for the Belgium one.
within Canada. It got refused because I have to be in Belgium and actively residing there at the time I apply for it.

So be careful, some counties require that you live in the country of your citizenship at the time you apply for the visa.

Hope, you will get it
for any reading here is link showing which countries you must actually be resident in at the time of applying for IEC http://www.ci.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/opinion/experience/bilat.asp