+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working full-time with a Study permit during a break

Krishi

Feb 14, 2015
Hi, NEED SOME URGENT ADVICE !!

I am currently pursuing a post graduate one year program ending in April 2015. My study permit expires in December 2015. I want to do another one year program. However, this program just has a September intake. Considering there is a four months difference from the end of my current program until I can start of my new program, I am planning to utilize these 4 months by working full time.

Being on study permit is it legal to work full time in these 4 months?

Thanks in advance for your time.

:)

RicenTortilla

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you are allowed to work full time during your holidays but once you go back to your schooling year your only allowed to work part time (20 hrs/week)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
RicenTortilla said:
Yes, you are allowed to work full time during your holidays but once you go back to your schooling year your only allowed to work part time (20 hrs/week)
Actually that's the wrong answer is this case. This would be the right answer if the OP was taking a summer break from his/her studies. However the OP has actually completed his/her studies and is therefore not on a break - so working full time isn't possible.

young20

Mar 12, 2015
studing in canada

hiiii i am from india
last year i completed my graduation with 60%marks, and my ielts score is reading = 5.5, speaking=6.0, listening=6.5, writing=6.0 overall 6.5
and now i want to study in canada in any eligible one year post graduate course.. how much time work permit i get after this 1 year diploma course? and can i get pr after ol dis ?
suggest me everything please

reallynewbie

Dec 11, 2014
scylla said:
Actually that's the wrong answer is this case. This would be the right answer if the OP was taking a summer break from his/her studies. However the OP has actually completed his/her studies and is therefore not on a break - so working full time isn't possible.
What about Post-Graduation Work Permit? I believe OP can apply for that.

--
reallynewbie