+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

working full time while having 1 night Class (Part Time Course)

Apr 12, 2014
Greetings Everyone!

I have a question regarding submission of PR file under CEC.

Basically, I had One Part Time Course (night Class) in September 2012 at the time when I got a New Job in my field (related to study). Therefore i started working full time (40Hrs) on Off Campus Work Permit (when having a night class) and thought that I will apply PGWP after I will be graduated (Dec 2012) which I recieved in March 2013

Now I was going to apply for the PR as I have gained work experience for required time. Will, "working full time for 3Months on off campus work permit with part time subject", affect my File ? I could not find anywhere on CIC website where it tells you that We can work Full time when having only one part time subject. As per printed conditions on the off campus work permit says that you can not work if you are enrolled full time

just to be clear, I decided working Full Time as First, I thought i can not survive with working 20hrs , Second, I was being offered a great Job that I could not deny and last I had off campus work permit left till Jan31 2013, however I was going to graduate in December 2012.

Please suggest something, Should I just submit the file (including T4 for those 3 Months) or submit it through a lawyer (One is spoke to was not aware of it) ?

Thanks a lot for your time and suggestions.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, you broke the requirements to your study permit and off campus work permit. You're only allowed to work PART time (20hrs/week) during semester and you should be a FULL time student.

Good luck. You will need it.

Apr 12, 2014
hi @itstime. thanks for replying, however i dont think so i broke the study permit requirements. I was enrolled in the college as a part time student because this course was being offered in Dec. only and in order to be graduated I had to take this course. Otherwise, I could have graduated in May Semester if this course was available.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Really?

Amazing how you may think that CIC is wrong in their statement on this page:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-offcampus.asp

"To qualify, you must be a full-time student enrolled at a participating publicly funded post-secondary educational institution or in an approved program at an eligible privately funded institution."

Here's another one:

"The work permit authorizes you to work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions, and full time during scheduled breaks (for example, winter and summer holidays, and spring break)."

You worked full time while being a part time student. According to CIC you broke both rules. But hey, what do I know and more importantly, what does CIC know who set the rules.

Good luck.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
rules r changing but as for now

"If you are no longer a full-time student or do not maintain satisfactory academic results, you must return your work permit to a local Citizenship and Immigration Canada office."

that being said u already got a PGWP which is strange so things seem to be in ur favor .

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
that being said u already got a PGWP which is strange so things seem to be in ur favor .
He got it under false pretences. Let's hope that CIC doesn't figure it out when he applies for PR or even further on in the future.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
An employer files employee's T4 every year. And based on that CIC may figure out how much hours a person worked. Besides , CIC may always ask an employer directly. Usually, in Canada employers do not lie.
If only you work illegally for some scumbag.
work permit left till Jan31 2013, however I was going to graduate in December 2012.
it is 2014 now. What are you talking about?

canadacec123

Feb 10, 2014
Toronto - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 20, 2013
AOR Received.
February 11, 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application.
Med's Request
August 28, 2014
Med's Done....
September 05, 2014
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
November 04, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 19, 2014
LANDED..........
November 25, 2014
HERE CIC's statement about working on OCWP while part-time AND last semester.

Note: Final session (term, semester, etc.): If students meet all the eligibility requirements,
with the exception of full-time status, but are in their last session, they will still be considered to
be eligible for the program. For example, at an institution, students are required to be enrolled in
at least four classes to be considered to have full-time status. A student in the last session of the
program of study needs to take only two additional classes to receive a Canadian credential from
that institution. That student will still be eligible for the work permit under the OCWP. They will,
however, still be restricted to working a maximum of 20 hours per week during this period.

AND
Here is the print out I took from CIC on July 15, 2013.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0496iTmJun8dWo2VWRHZjdhV28/edit?usp=sharing

Hope this would help.

vj18992

Mar 23, 2015
Hi @sae and @scorpion brothers,
What's the status of your guys. Did you guys face any issue last year for the PR. I hope you guys have got it. Fingers crossed.
Thank you

Malik87

Feb 24, 2015
vj18992 said:
Hi @ sae and @ scorpion brothers,
What's the status of your guys. Did you guys face any issue last year for the PR. I hope you guys have got it. Fingers crossed.
Thank you
Are you in same situation?

chandansingh

Apr 11, 2016
Hey guys,

I happen to have the similar situation where i was a part time student and i was in my last term defending my thesis and i started working full time.

Did you guys faced any problems in your PR ?

EEw2Canada

Dec 8, 2016
Hello Guyz,

I am new to this forum and my question is also related to this forum topic.

I have total of 6.5 yrs of Experience in SAP BO/BW/HANA post engineering. However in between i have completed a full time MBA while also working in a permanent full time job. (I managed by attending MBA classes in morning and going to work right after the classes 8))

So my question is can i show my complete experience of 6.5 yrs along with MBA? or

Bobo1er

Jun 22, 2017
Greetings Everyone!

I have a question regarding submission of PR file under CEC.

Basically, I had One Part Time Course (night Class) in September 2012 at the time when I got a New Job in my field (related to study). Therefore i started working full time (40Hrs) on Off Campus Work Permit (when having a night class) and thought that I will apply PGWP after I will be graduated (Dec 2012) which I recieved in March 2013

Now I was going to apply for the PR as I have gained work experience for required time. Will, "working full time for 3Months on off campus work permit with part time subject", affect my File ? I could not find anywhere on CIC website where it tells you that We can work Full time when having only one part time subject. As per printed conditions on the off campus work permit says that you can not work if you are enrolled full time

just to be clear, I decided working Full Time as First, I thought i can not survive with working 20hrs , Second, I was being offered a great Job that I could not deny and last I had off campus work permit left till Jan31 2013, however I was going to graduate in December 2012.

Please suggest something, Should I just submit the file (including T4 for those 3 Months) or submit it through a lawyer (One is spoke to was not aware of it) ?

Thanks a lot for your time and suggestions.
Hey , just wondering if you had any issue with your PR application? Thanks