+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

working full-time - employer on their current work permit for at least one year?

Arunyuiop

Aug 16, 2017
It is not a valid offer as you cannot claim the points 50/200 for arranged employment while working on a PGWP.

Having a job and working in Canada does not mean you have a valid job offer.
OK
so when the website says
What makes a job offer valid under Express Entry?
Generally, a valid offer is for a job that is:

A job offer must be in writing, and must set out details of the job they are offering you, such as:

• your pay and deductions
  • your job duties
  • conditions of employment, like your hours of work.
This does not count for a valid job offer is what you are saying??

I have a full time, more that 1 year and skilled job in Level B. and my job offer states all of the following. I dont mean to be rude but when you say the job doesnt count as a valid job offer so how can I be eligible to apply under CEC. Cause CEC is Canadian experience class for these NOC codes.

PLease help me answering these question. Were you an international student who applied for work permit after studying from here in canada. Then got a job offer and applied for EE. if so what did you answert to these questions.

Can i contact you in some manner if you dont mind

Thank you

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK
so when the website says

A job offer must be in writing, and must set out details of the job they are offering you, such as:

• your job duties
This does not count for a valid job offer is what you are saying??

I have a full time, more that 1 year and skilled job in Level B. and my job offer states all of the following. I dont mean to be rude but when you say the job doesnt count as a valid job offer so how can I be eligible to apply under CEC. Cause CEC is Canadian experience class for these NOC codes.

PLease help me answering these question. Were you an international student who applied for work permit after studying from here in canada. Then got a job offer and applied for EE. if so what did you answert to these questions.

Can i contact you in some manner if you dont mind

Thank you
I understand the confusion now. Your work experience in skill type NOC B is VALID, that is, you will get points for your Canadian work experience AND be eligible under the CEC program. Not having a valid job offer doesn't mean you cannot apply under the CEC program, it simply means you are not entitled to the extra points given for having one.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/offer-employment.html

"
if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
  • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
  • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa"
The bolded part is the issue as you're not working on an employer specific work permit.

Yes, I was an international student, yes, I had a PGWP at some point and i'm a permanent resident now.

Arunyuiop

Aug 16, 2017
It is not a valid offer as you cannot claim the points 50/200 for arranged employment while working on a PGWP.

Having a job and working in Canada does not mean you have a valid job offer.
Hello so when the website says

• your job duties
In most cases, a valid job offer must be supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). The employer has to apply for one from Employment and Social Development Canada/Service Canada.

So I have a full time >1 year job in skill level B with all the things mentioned in the offer letter. This doesnt count as a valid job offer??

SOrry
I understand the confusion now. Your work experience in skill type NOC B is VALID, that is, you will get points for your Canadian work experience AND be eligible under the CEC program. Not having a valid job offer doesn't mean you cannot apply under the CEC program, it simply means you are not entitled to the extra points given for having one.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/offer-employment.html

"
if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
  • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
  • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa"
The bolded part is the issue as you're not working on an employer specific work permit.

Yes, I was an international student, yes, I had a PGWP at some point and i'm a permanent resident now.

Ok so now I am reading it word by word and understand what you are trying to state. so did you get your PR under CEC or FSW.

So to answer the question, the first question that states
Does "" have a valid work permit for the current job in canada
I should answer "NO"
and all other questions will go??

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello so when the website says

• your job duties
In most cases, a valid job offer must be supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). The employer has to apply for one from Employment and Social Development Canada/Service Canada.

So I have a full time >1 year job in skill level B with all the things mentioned in the offer letter. This doesnt count as a valid job offer??

SOrry

Ok so now I am reading it word by word and understand what you are trying to state. so did you get your PR under CEC or FSW.

So to answer the question, the first question that states
Does "" have a valid work permit for the current job in canada
I should answer "NO"
and all other questions will go??
Correct, answer "no" and all the other questions will go.

Arunyuiop

Aug 16, 2017
Hi,
I have a couple of doubts related to the Express Entry Process.

1.- There is a questions that says: Is JOSE's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?
I assume the answer should be NO, since my PGWP says Employer: ANY.
Am I correct?

2.- The next question says: Has JOSE been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?).
I assume the answer should be NO, since again, my PGWP says Employer: ANY.
Am I correct?

3.- Finally, my last question is: I worked full-time (Contract basis, 35 hours/week) from May 2nd, 2016 to March 31st, 2017 in a NOC A. I started my current job on April 3rd, 2017, full-time (Permanent, 40 hours/week), also NOC A.
My question is, does the combination of Canadian Jobs (Canadian Experience) apply to have one (1) year Canadian Work Experience?

Thanks in advance for your strong support,
I did as well and had to answer those questions. First question is "Is X currently working in Canada?" to which answer is YES. Second one is "Does X have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada?" to which you answer YES if you have PGWP. After this the rest of the questions are still there. If you are not working then the answer to the first question is NO which means you don't have to answer the rest.
Hello

I would agree with you

Can you please advise after the second question Does X have a valid work permit for current job I would answer yes, then the next question and last question are confusing. Does X have been working for full time for the employer on their curent work permit at leas one yeat-
Is this YES or no
Then
Four Digit NOC code on current work permit- What should I write on this
And
Was a LMIA issued for the current work permit
YES/NO
I don not require LMIA
Which one should I select

I have work visa,I applied after graduating from canadian university. My work permit doesnt say i have to work for any specific emplyer or province. Its a open work permit. i dont have back home experience but I am using canadian experience to apply for EE. Please advise what you think I should answer in these

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello

I would agree with you

Can you please advise after the second question Does X have a valid work permit for current job I would answer yes, then the next question and last question are confusing. Does X have been working for full time for the employer on their curent work permit at leas one yeat-
Is this YES or no
Then
Four Digit NOC code on current work permit- What should I write on this
And
Was a LMIA issued for the current work permit
YES/NO
I don not require LMIA
Which one should I select

I have work visa,I applied after graduating from canadian university. My work permit doesnt say i have to work for any specific emplyer or province. Its a open work permit. i dont have back home experience but I am using canadian experience to apply for EE. Please advise what you think I should answer in these
They are confusing because they do not apply to you. Answer "no" to the first question.

Arunyuiop

Aug 16, 2017
They are confusing because they do not apply to you. Answer "no" to the first question.
Hello

I was reading some threads
SO
Study permits: Post Graduation Work Permit Program
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada staff. It is posted on the Department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.

The Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP) allows students who have graduated from a participating Canadian post-secondary institution to gain valuable Canadian work experience. Skilled Canadian work experience gained through the PGWPP helps graduates qualify for permanent residence in Canada through the Canadian experience class.

Employers seeking to employ open work permit holders are exempt from the requirement to first obtain a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Service Canada. The open work permits issued to the graduates in line with the PGWPP requirements are coded with the LMIA exemption code C43.

A work permit under the PGWPP may be issued for the length of the study program, for a maximum of 3 years. A post-graduation work permit cannot be valid for longer than the student’s study program, which must be a minimum of 8 months in duration.

This clearly states PGWP are exempt from LMIA

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program.html

then
To get points from the Comprehensive Ranking System for a job offer in Express Entry, your employer will usually need to get a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).

You should only answer “Yes” to the question “Does [your name] have a job offer in Canada?” if:

• a Canadian employer (or up to two for the Federal Skilled Trades Program) has offered you a full-time, non-seasonal job for one year or more and
  • that job offer is supported by an LMIA, OR
  • the job is exempt from needing an LMIA.
This clearly states to answer YES as my job is exempt from needing an LMIA and is full time, non seasonal job,>1 year

Now my doubt is what NOC code shold I be enteriing

Thanks for your answer but please do not post incorrect information without researching further, Good that you got your PR, but please dont cause an hinderance for others by answering incorrect information and denying their oppurtunity

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello

I was reading some threads
SO
Study permits: Post Graduation Work Permit Program
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada staff. It is posted on the Department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.

The Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP) allows students who have graduated from a participating Canadian post-secondary institution to gain valuable Canadian work experience. Skilled Canadian work experience gained through the PGWPP helps graduates qualify for permanent residence in Canada through the Canadian experience class.

Employers seeking to employ open work permit holders are exempt from the requirement to first obtain a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Service Canada. The open work permits issued to the graduates in line with the PGWPP requirements are coded with the LMIA exemption code C43.

A work permit under the PGWPP may be issued for the length of the study program, for a maximum of 3 years. A post-graduation work permit cannot be valid for longer than the student’s study program, which must be a minimum of 8 months in duration.

This clearly states PGWP are exempt from LMIA

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program.html

then
To get points from the Comprehensive Ranking System for a job offer in Express Entry, your employer will usually need to get a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).

You should only answer “Yes” to the question “Does [your name] have a job offer in Canada?” if:

• a Canadian employer (or up to two for the Federal Skilled Trades Program) has offered you a full-time, non-seasonal job for one year or more and
  • that job offer is supported by an LMIA, OR
  • the job is exempt from needing an LMIA.
This clearly states to answer YES as my job is exempt from needing an LMIA and is full time, non seasonal job,>1 year

Now my doubt is what NOC code shold I be enteriing

Thanks for your answer but please do not post incorrect information without researching further, Good that you got your PR, but please dont cause an hinderance for others by answering incorrect information and denying their oppurtunity
Mate, you are free to answer "yes" but do not come back crying when you get to your document checklist.

The problem with the question is that it doesn't specify that it refers to a valid job offer but make no mistake that you should still answer "no" to such question. Please feel free to ask ANY other senior and you will get the same response. You are asking me to research further but the truth being is that the one who's lacking research is you.

Arunyuiop

Aug 16, 2017
Mate, you are free to answer "yes" but do not come back crying when you get to your document checklist.

The problem with the question is that it doesn't specify that it refers to a valid job offer but make no mistake that you should still answer "no" to such question. Please feel free to ask ANY other senior and you will get the same response. You are asking me to research further but the truth being is that the one who's lacking research is you.
Thanks Bud, but I was actually requesting answer from plutonia, to his post where he had mentioned to mark yes and you agreed as well where it was mentioned that these are two different section.

I believe we are also having points of confusion over two different question. i appreciate your help but I would like to make sure I am doing it write

To answer your statement"dont come back crying" buddy, !! this aint your poll, there are different people giving different opinions, I am here to gather the appropriate information

Thanks

Last edited:

Vikesh Tanwar

Jan 12, 2019
So, Folks.. Could you please clarify now, whether i should answer this question as yes? I have a PGWP and have been working in NOC A job for almost a year. Stuck with these questions.. whether i should answer yes as in "Does X have a job offer in Canada"? If I answer yes, it moves to further thread of LMIA questions which are confusing.

jenjenjenn

Feb 18, 2020
Hello all,

I have been working full time over my PGWP and now I got LMIA approved.
What about my case?

What should I answer..

Is Jenny's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit ?

NO? since it is PGWP??

Has Jenny been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)

NO I guess with same reason above?

Ully Anne

Jan 23, 2019
Hello all,

I have been working full time over my PGWP and now I got LMIA approved.
What about my case?

What should I answer..

Is Jenny's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit ?

NO? since it is PGWP??

Has Jenny been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)

NO I guess with same reason above?
Hi Jenny, what have you put on the question "Has Jenny been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)"? I'm under same situation, worked for same company for 2 years on an open work permit and now got LMIA, but not sure what to put "yes" or "no" for the full time experience, since it says "on their current work permit".

jenjenjenn

Feb 18, 2020
Hi Jenny, what have you put on the question "Has Jenny been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)"? I'm under same situation, worked for same company for 2 years on an open work permit and now got LMIA, but not sure what to put "yes" or "no" for the full time experience, since it says "on their current work permit".
Hi

Hey ully! I do not have my all screenshots with me at the moment but I could help you when I get home later tonight! Just hang on here. Will be answering your question tonight!

jenjenjenn

Feb 18, 2020
Awe! Thank you so much :))) I really appreciate it.
You should answer it Yes. Basically they are asking you if you have at least a year of work experience. :) if you have any mrow questions, feel free to ask me away. And congrats that you got invited! Hope you stay well and healthy in this pandemic.

Love,
Jenny