+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working for a small company

shahzeba6

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hello everyone,
Well i just joined a small company of 2 employees, My job Title is Plumbing Mechanic which comes under NOC B and my duties are same as required on NOC B for the NOC Code 7251,

The company is registered with the Government

1) I just want to make sure that what Does CIC does to make sure about the companies status and its tax Purpose- my question might not be understandable but i just want to make sure that CIC doesnt rejects my job title due to that the company is small and only has 2 employees?

2) Does CIC gets to know the companies status and and what it does? i am not sure how does cic puts a weight on the company you are working at? do they check how the company is doing?

i just want to make sure about this before i start working for them.

Please share any relevant details on this. Thanks, would appreciate

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello everyone,
Well i just joined a small company of 2 employees, My job Title is Plumbing Mechanic which comes under NOC B and my duties are same as required on NOC B for the NOC Code 7251,

The company is registered with the Government

1) I just want to make sure that what Does CIC does to make sure about the companies status and its tax Purpose- my question might not be understandable but i just want to make sure that CIC doesnt rejects my job title due to that the company is small and only has 2 employees?

2) Does CIC gets to know the companies status and and what it does? i am not sure how does cic puts a weight on the company you are working at? do they check how the company is doing?

i just want to make sure about this before i start working for them.
There is no "size" requirement for a company, only that it be a legitimate company and that it follows all business rules.

Sometimes when they seek to verify a company, they will do a google search. If they cannot find a website or other online presence, they may ask for additional proof (like a copy of the registration /business license). As long as you can provide those, and the T4, then you should be good.

Just make sure your status would be "employee", not "independent contractor" (the latter is considered self-employed and the experience is not eligible).