12-02-2014
Med's Done....
21-02-2014
Passport Req..
03-03-2014
LANDED..........
03-16-2014
Hi,

And here's the third question from me, sorry for spamming the forum.

My current employer is a tiny company (basically the owner, a salesman, and me). I started working for them in December as a Secretary, and all they do is pay by cheques, based on the number of hours I worked a month I fill out the cheque, and the boss signs it. The company is completely legal, they do their taxes, have a business number.

I am not on payroll, the company does not have an accountant. Therefore, I don't get a T4. I haven't filed my taxes yet, but as far as I understood, I am going to include this income as "other income" and basically pay tax afterwards.

I am going to leave the company now so there's not much point in putting myself on payroll, I guess.

My question is, would it be possible to prove CIC that I worked as a Secretary for four months, even if I don't have t4s, simply by providing my bank statements (showing that I deposited cheques), a letter from the employer, their business cards, etc, etc? Or this work experience is useless in terms of immigration?

Thank you

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
sorrymontana said:
Hi,

And here's the third question from me, sorry for spamming the forum.

My current employer is a tiny company (basically the owner, a salesman, and me). I started working for them in December as a Secretary, and all they do is pay by cheques, based on the number of hours I worked a month I fill out the cheque, and the boss signs it. The company is completely legal, they do their taxes, have a business number.

I am not on payroll, the company does not have an accountant. Therefore, I don't get a T4. I haven't filed my taxes yet, but as far as I understood, I am going to include this income as "other income" and basically pay tax afterwards.

I am going to leave the company now so there's not much point in putting myself on payroll, I guess.

My question is, would it be possible to prove CIC that I worked as a Secretary for four months, even if I don't have t4s, simply by providing my bank statements (showing that I deposited cheques), a letter from the employer, their business cards, etc, etc? Or this work experience is useless in terms of immigration?

Thank you

hey, ur not qualified without a t4 and notice of assessment.. U need to be paying taxes. They are among the requirements. Bank statements will not help. wait for seniors for more advice. Good luck!!!

sorrymontana

Apr 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2013
AOR Received.
08-08-2013
Med's Request
12-02-2014
Med's Done....
21-02-2014
Passport Req..
03-03-2014
LANDED..........
03-16-2014
yeah, thanks, i spent a few hours reading the forum yesterday and called canada revenue as well. it appears to be that i'm self-employed, although everything says i'm supposed to be an employee, it's just my company has 2 people working, no accountant so no one bothered to make everything right (and i unfortunately did not do much research myself thinking that if the company is legal and pays salary through the business account, one letter from the employer would be enough to prove i worked for them). I'll try to set up pay-roll myself and talk to canada revenue if they could let my company pay tax/employment insurance/pension deductions backwards for january/february/march.