+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working during break affected to work permit

Jane1705

May 7, 2019
Hello,
Here is my case

After continuously studying sem 1(winter 2018) and sem 2(summer 2018) for 3-year program, i have applied for changing 2-year program and asked for school break (fall 2018).
(Noted that: advisor told me that it's official break after 2 consecutive study semesters)
Then, i went to work fulltime in fall 2018.
I was continuing sem 3 (winter 2019), and now is the last sem (summer 2019).
Now, the faculty advisor told that fall 2018 is not an official break.

After all, i will not be eligible for 3-year work permit after graduation, right?
Because I went to work last fall, is there kind of work permit for me or not at all?

In that situation, should I study another program or transfer to university?

Thanks a lot

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hello,
Here is my case

After continuously studying sem 1(winter 2018) and sem 2(summer 2018) for 3-year program, i have applied for changing 2-year program and asked for school break (fall 2018).
(Noted that: advisor told me that it's official break after 2 consecutive study semesters)
Then, i went to work fulltime in fall 2018.
I was continuing sem 3 (winter 2019), and now is the last sem (summer 2019).
Now, the faculty advisor told that fall 2018 is not an official break.

After all, i will not be eligible for 3-year work permit after graduation, right?
Because I went to work last fall, is there kind of work permit for me or not at all?

In that situation, should I study another program or transfer to university?

Thanks a lot
You can work full time if there is a scheduled break by the faculty of your program. If it was a break requested by the student and was not a scheduled break in the school calendar then yes it can affect your eligibility for the PGWP. The only option would be finding an employer who is willing to apply for LMIA for you.