+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working before applying for PGWP?

Anasone

Jun 1, 2019
Have you started working before applying for PGWP?
I started working right after finishing school. I didn't know I was supposed to wait until I applied for PGWP.
I know many people who have done the same, and they used the job experience acquired before Applying for PGWP to apply for PNP. And they got their PR through the paper route. I also attended a presentation by a provincial immigration officer, and he told us that the job experience gained after graduating and before applying for PGWP is accepted for PNP. An immigration consultant told me the same.
If I apply for express entry and they discover I had worked before applying for PGWP, will they reject my EE application or punish me?

Last edited:

Kay2018

Jan 11, 2018
Newfoundland and Labrador
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-03-2021
I started working right after finishing school. I didn't know I was supposed to wait until I applied for PGWP.
I know many people who have done the same, and they used the job experience acquired before Applying for PGWP to apply for PNP. And they got their PR through the paper route. I also attended a presentation by a provincial immigration officer, and he told us that the job experience gained after graduating and before applying for PGWP is accepted for PNP. An immigration consultant told me the same.
If I apply for express entry and they discover I had worked before applying for PGWP, will they reject my EE application or punish me?
I did the same. I had a valid CO-OP work permit too. Did you get any information?

lmorelato

Apr 6, 2019
I have the same doubt, I will apply for EE and I worked for two weeks full-time before applying to PGWP...

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
I have the same doubt, I will apply for EE and I worked for two weeks full-time before applying to PGWP...
Hi, wondering for any updates on your application? Has your PR been processed? Thank you.

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
Hi, did you get your PR already with this situation?

tanB@123

Jun 30, 2020
I am a little paranoid about my situation. I started working on student status (full-time) from May 15th 2019 as my second course was about to start in September. However, I decided to change my decision and filed for a work permit on 13th June. I’m not sure if that unauthorized working stint (May 15th-June 12th can hamper my PR application?
2) Will I need an explanation letter? and
3) My joining date in application should be 15th May or 13th June?

Anasone

Jun 1, 2019
I am a little paranoid about my situation. I started working on student status (full-time) from May 15th 2019 as my second course was about to start in September. However, I decided to change my decision and filed for a work permit on 13th June. I’m not sure if that unauthorized working stint (May 15th-June 12th can hamper my PR application?
2) Will I need an explanation letter? and
3) My joining date in application should be 15th May or 13th June?
Don't worry. You'll get your PR. Just don't count the time before you applied for PGWP when applying for PR.

narabaq

Jul 4, 2020
Don't worry. You'll get your PR. Just don't count the time before you applied for PGWP when applying for PR.
May I ask you got around the problem of submitting the employer experience/reference letter, which would have clearly stated your employment date? Wouldn't that have raised major red flags? Sorry really paranoid right now... I worked unauthorized for 1 week before submitting my PGWP

Anasone

Jun 1, 2019
May I ask you got around the problem of submitting the employer experience/reference letter, which would have clearly stated your employment date? Wouldn't that have raised major red flags? Sorry really paranoid right now... I worked unauthorized for 1 week before submitting my PGWP
I worked more than a month after finishing studies and before applying for PGWP, and my employment letter showed that. It was not a problem.

Reactions: narabaq

narabaq

Jul 4, 2020
I worked more than a month after finishing studies and before applying for PGWP, and my employment letter showed that. It was not a problem.
Thank you! And a late congratulations. May I ask if you submitted a letter of explanation with your application?