+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working as RN in Canada

Shong1013

Feb 16, 2017
Hello there,

Thought I would ask what do I apply for in order to work as a nurse RN in Canada more specifically in Ontario.

Little backfround: I have finished BScN in the states and passed NCLEX-RN exam and currently working as a RN in Kentucky and will have one year of experience by the time my F1 visa is expires July this year.

My citizenship is South Korean, will most likely go back to my home country and then pursuit moving to Canada. I have been on CIC site and all these automated system is confusing and call center seems always busy.

If anyone can give me a guideline that would be great!

Serena.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Since you were trained outside of Canada, there's a registration process you will need to go through in order to be able to work as an RN in Canada. Each province has a slightly different process. CIC won't be able to help you with information about this registration process (since it's not their process) - so really no point in calling them.

You can find info about the Ontario registration process here: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/working/OI_HOW_WORK_NURSE.html

To qualify for a temporary work permit in Canada you'll first need to secure a full time job offer from a Canadian employer along with an approved LMIA from that employer.

To immigrate, you would apply through an economic immigration stream just like anyone else. There is no special stream for nurses.

Shong1013

Feb 16, 2017
I see. So I suppose I would have to take care of the license first then come in as visitor and look for full time position.

Thanks for your input really appreciate it