+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working as International Student

jenanansi

Jun 12, 2019
Hi everyone,
my study permit says "may accept employment off campus if meeting eligibility criteria as per R186(f)."
Does this mean I can work off campus? I'm a bit confused because all other permits seem to also include R186v and R186w with this phrase. Thank you!!

gupt07ash

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
Hi everyone,
my study permit says "may accept employment off campus if meeting eligibility criteria as per R186(f)."
Does this mean I can work off campus? I'm a bit confused because all other permits seem to also include R186v and R186w with this phrase. Thank you!!
To apply for a SIN to work off-campus, you must have 1 of these conditions printed on your study permit:

• May work 20 hours per week off campus or full time during regular breaks if meeting criteria outlined in paragraph 186(v) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.
  • May accept employment on or off campus if meeting eligibility criteria, per paragraph R186(f), (v) or (w) and must cease working if no longer meeting these criteria.
Source- https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/work-off-campus.html

maccyd10

Oct 26, 2015
Hi everyone,

Yeah you can work as long as you are enrolled at a college and do not work more than 20 hours per week . You need to take your visa into a Service Canada office and get a SIN.