+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working as Free Lance in Canada ?

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It says NOT OPEN TO PUBLIC. Anyways, I will try dropping them an email or talk with lawyer of my school !

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
;D

Please let everyone know the answers you get, it will help others.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ punk since you are in the web page development business there is no way you can prove to CIC whether you are strictly working from campus. You could have a laptop and modify webpages even outside campus. Webpage development is not dependent on location. How do you prove that? But you'll have to clear this out with CIC beause even if you earn small amount of money in canada its considered as income gained and is liable for tax duductions.

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have no problems with giving taxes and infact I want to

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope this link on independent consulting and contract work in Canada.

http://careego.com/CareerResources/ContractWorkConsulting/tabid/307/language/en-CA/Default.aspx

Good luck!

Felix07Richerd

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can also set up your business as a sole proprietorship. You can register it under your own name or under a business name - that way the name is protected and cannot be used by others.

gpeperat

Feb 25, 2012
If your online business is not registered in Canada, doesn't have a Canadian bank account attached to it, and your paypal account doesn't have a Canadian address to it, then officially you are not doing business in Canada right? I have an online business registered in Canada, but when I am in France (working from my laptop), I don't have to report my income to France.

jay82

Jun 6, 2012
Hey, i m an immigrant in canada, got my PR. i want to start a gym at my residence while i continue with my studies. I want to know what insurance coverage i would require working at my home? do gym trainers require professional insurances? and do you think i will essentially need personal protection or public liability insurance as the gym is gona be home-based?

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should contact Small Business Association or any entrepeneur center in your city