+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working after landing as a permanent resident

Discussion in 'Settlement Issues' started by Canadianladyinsp, Mar 19, 2014.

  1. Hi all!!
    I received A LOT of helpful info from this site while applying for my husbands PR, so i thought i would try again with our next questions...
    We go back to Canada in less than a week (to Vancouver). My husband has his PR and everything in his passport, and we weer both under the impression that he would be able to work as soon as we got there. However, a few days ago, he found a thread on facebook with fellow Brazillians coming to Vancouver, and not being able to work right away, and they actually had to leave the country and then come back in order to work!! Does anybody have any insight on this?? If this is totally necessary we can drive to the US because its only a few hours away.. but i'd really rather not waste the time!!
    We are also not sure exactly what to do when we get there- will his docs be mailed to us? I know we have to go to the office to apply for his SIN and his health insurance etcetc... but i guess we are a bit lost as to what to do when we get there.
    Any help would be great!!
  2. The moment that he and the Immigration Officer sign the COPR, he can work. He must apply for a SIN as soon as possible to provide to the employer.
  3. Thanks zardoz!! Hopefully it all goes that smoothly:)

Share This Page