+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working Abroad.

Discussion in 'Settlement Issues' started by Mughal007, Sep 17, 2019.

  1. Hey,
    I am planning to work outside of Canada, Can any one advise on Tax related arrangements? My family will be moving with me but not immediately. they will join me after 6 months.
  2. for the 6 months that your family is here, you will be taxed on your foreign income in Canada. Once they leave, you can file a tax return indicating that you are no longer a resident and then you don't need to file any further taxes in Canada.
  3. I file my tax return with H&R block is the same recommended for this as well? I want to keep my house here how things will change for that? do need CRA to confirm before i leave?
  4. Get a good tax attorney familiar with expats taxation. The house in Canada is considered a significant attachment and might cause issues with non residency status. Keep in mind that having to file tax in Canada isn’t the same as having to pay tax in Canada.

Share This Page