+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worker Visa is on my Passport, but the employer rescinded the offer

queldis

Apr 16, 2022
Hello, I have got LMIA then got my worker visa, but the employer has rescinded the offer.
If I find another employer who can support new LMIA, will I have to go thru work visa process again?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, I have got LMIA then got my worker visa, but the employer has rescinded the offer.
If I find another employer who can support new LMIA, will I have to go thru work visa process again?
Yes, you need to start over and apply for a new work permit. Current work permit is tied to your LMIA.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You also shouldn’t come to Canada if you have not landed and should infoIRCC that the job offer has been rescinded. You are required to update IRCC of any changes to your application until you land and get your WP. Until you land in Canada you haven’t actually received your WP. If you do try and land there is a good chance that you could be asked to confirm the name of your employer, your start date, etc. You would have to admit that you not longer have a job and then you won’t get your WP and may be refused entry into Canada. If you lie then you would have misrepresented your status and it will be clear that you never worked for the employer from your tax records and any further applications for a new WP. Misrepresentation is a very bad idea for various reasons. Your employer may have also notified IRCC. Unfortunately you will need to start the process of obtaining a WP all over again.