+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worker : Cancelled Work Permit or Visa?

godspeed15

Jan 23, 2020
Hi to everyone!

This is my first time posting here. I have a concern regarding my visa and work permit. I obtained it via LMIA. Last October 2019 I was able to enter and work for almost a month in Canada. Unfortunately, I need to go home for some unexpected reason. I resigned at work and my boss was upset about it. Which is I totally understand where was he coming from. My visa is still valid til 2021.

Now my questions are:

1. I resigned at work and exit Canada. My boss told me that he will inform IRCC / ESDC(?). Does he really have the power to cancel my work permit? He was upset so I don't know if he reported me as terminated or just released. What's your tought about this?

2. If my visa or work permit was canceled, will it affect my application or will I be having a hard time to obtain a new visa? Take note: I am already outside Canada and just planning to apply to a different province.

Hoping to hear from your opinions!

godspeed15

Jan 23, 2020
It will not be cancelled even if you are terminated.
Hi ! Thank you for replying. So how about in my case that I went back home in my country? Is my visa cancelled?

I was told by my employer that he will call IRCC(?) or maybe ESDC that I’ll be leaving Canada so that I can’t use my work permit. Any thoughts?

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Once you live Canada you might have the difficulties to return. So betters stay here until you have different work permit or another status.

godspeed15

Jan 23, 2020
Once you live Canada you might have the difficulties to return. So betters stay here until you have different work permit or another status.
And why is that? I thought that as long as you are eligible and qualified for such specific program (e.g. Provincial Nominee, LMIA) you can still apply?

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
You can still apply for anything but not to come back to the country with the work permit for specific employer if you are not going to work for that employer.

godspeed15

Jan 23, 2020
You can still apply for anything but not to come back to the country with the work permit for specific employer if you are not going to work for that employer.
I see. Another question, if I found a new employer that will hire me does it gives me a higher chances of getting another approval since I already received a visa before?

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
No idea.
My recommendation:don’t leave Canada and apply inside Canada. In this case the chances of approval much higher because you are already inside the country.

godspeed15

Jan 23, 2020
No idea.
My recommendation:don’t leave Canada and apply inside Canada. In this case the chances of approval much higher because you are already inside the country.
That’s the thing. I left the country already. Trying my luck to reapply. I just thought that it gives me an advantage to get a new visa.

Harshi_1998

Jul 24, 2023
Hi @godspeed15,
Have you received any positive feedback for your concern..
I am also facing the same problem.. Did you get any solution..
Hope to have an insight from you
Thank you