+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worked less than one hour on UberEats after graduating but prior to applying to PGWP. Should I expect a rejection?

akthebadseed

Jul 24, 2022
Hi everyone! I just finished my Master of Engineering degree at UofT and worked UberEats for less than one hour prior to applying for my PGWP under the impression that self-employment does not count as either part-time or full-time employment. Should I expect that my application be rejected for this? If so, what steps should I take to be on top of this, like open a case with an immigration consultant?

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone! I just finished my Master of Engineering degree at UofT and worked UberEats for less than one hour prior to applying for my PGWP under the impression that self-employment does not count as either part-time or full-time employment. Should I expect that my application be rejected for this? If so, what steps should I take to be on top of this, like open a case with an immigration consultant?
It should not be an issue.

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
Unlikely. Tax and employment information isn't automatically shared with IRCC or CBSA. Most people get caught because someone reports them and then IRCC starts investigating.